Pay what you feel is right restaurants

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Cesar Chavez

Apr 17, 2012
California
There was a pay what you want type place on the go when I lived in Islington. Owner remarked that some folk left more than the value of the meal which compensated for those who didn't....

Obviously needs to be in the right location, so Brighton could work - probably not so successful in say...Croydon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't work because as a nation we all want something for nothing... You'd have the welfare state queuing round the block and putting nothing in

Apart from the denizens of Islington it seems :smile:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
There was a pay what you want type place on the go when I lived in Islington. Owner remarked that some folk left more than the value of the meal which compensated for those who didn't....

Obviously needs to be in the right location, so Brighton could work - probably not so successful in say...Croydon.

Interesting the article though says they noticed the student spike in Belfast implying that during term time when the students were there they got less. So may be more successful in rural locations or smaller towns.

I'm not sure I could quantify the costs attributed to staffing, lighting, fixtures and fittings, rent of premises and the energy costs of cooking the meal itself to be able to decide what it was worth.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm not sure I could quantify the costs attributed to staffing, lighting, fixtures and fittings, rent of premises and the energy costs of cooking the meal itself to be able to decide what it was worth.

It not that difficult to compare and contrast with a similar local establishment and make an educated guess is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here