Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye sky!

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
Just had a mad moment and dismantled my sky dish and wires, will only have free view from now on. Got to say it feels great, if there ARE any games I really want to watch I can go down the pub and watch it or I might even get a ****ing life! Good riddance sky ....defiantly not worth the money

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Don't forget to cancel your subscription.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You should have left the dish up and got a Freesat HD box.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
I cancelled on Tuesday. The latest letter putting the prices up again, made me wonder whether £700 a year was really reasonable.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I love my Sky couldn`t live without it...how can you miss the Ashes and F1

This is an interesting point. All my life I have loved Formula one. I've been to several Grand Prix, and have been obsessed - I even managed to do a 10 year stretch only missing one Grand Prix - and that was only because my Mum didn't know how to set the VCR to record!

I don't have sky. But following F1's move to sky, I have lost interest. I find the BBC highlights difficult to follow - cars change position without real explanation. So I stopped watching the highlights and started only watch the full races. Having done this for a while, I found myself out of touch with the championship position and also the wider story - who keeps hitting who, who has been doing well, etc. As a result I have lost interest. I've only watched 2 races this season and wouldn't be fussed if I didn't see any more.

Its a real shame. I loved F1 - but I'm not willing to pay to follow it properly, and as such, I just lost interest.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
That was a bit silly. You could have cancelled your subscription and still got FreeSat through your Sky dish and box for free.

amexee

Jun 19, 2011
haywards heath
That was a bit silly. You could have cancelled your subscription and still got FreeSat through your Sky dish and box for free.

That is what I intend to do.
Does anyone know if it is as simple as doing nothing, and just losing access to the Sky programs, and the free channels remain available?

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex

Yeah I know all that but still have a very good picture with traditional ariel. Also, like I said, had a mad moment and couldn't stand the site of that rusty piece of crap on my wall. Save a few bob a year as well:cheers:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I love my Sky couldn`t live without it...how can you miss the Ashes and F1

Would love to live without F1 but Sky don't give you a chance to cancel it, most annoying

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
I only have Sky as it was cheaper to take out a subscription for a year than it was to buy a Freesat+ HD box.

Twelve months of paying a monthly subscription and after that I'll say goodbye to the Sky only channels and just keep hold of the box and dish.

I would never spend the sort of money they expect you to fork out for the sports channels although I get the F1 channel for free and will next month have the new BT Sport channels thrown in for nothing too

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sky is magnificent, it's not just the top level sports action they put on but the justice they do it with the build up, and thorough analysis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here