Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Protesters scaling the Shard. Hope they fall off.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
"Six protesters are attempting to scale the tallest building in western Europe, The Shard.

Greenpeace said it was protesting against Shell's Arctic drilling, which the oil company said was "not new"."

Some of these people are real idiots.

So Shell are drilling in the Arctic? Good. We need more oil. The Arctic is vast and unused. A little bit of drilling is not going to be a problem.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
"Six protesters are attempting to scale the tallest building in western Europe, The Shard.

Greenpeace said it was protesting against Shell's Arctic drilling, which the oil company said was "not new"."

So Shell are drilling in the Arctic? Good. We need more oil. The Arctic is vast and unused. A little bit of drilling is not going to be a problem.

and you have just furthered their cause by advertising on here

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face

Thanks, didn't know. Excellent work. I'll share around so their work reaches more. Obviously I won't add your deranged naive commentary.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Yeah, because the oil industry has never caused any spills or environmental disasters has it!? They are generally the good guys...

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
sp_1411_clip05.jpg

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Given how corrupt and bullying the oil industry is I fully support Greenpeace this time. Seriously, why the hell do we intend to ruin one of the few relatively untouched habitats on the planet in our greed for oil ?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Wonder what the 'artwork' is going to be. Hope it involves pouring gallons of polar bear blood down the sides of the Shard. Or some sort of highwire performance art to signify Shell's defiling of the polar region. Or some indoor fireworks that are so small they can barely be seen or heard unless you're right there, to signify our impotence in the face of it. Or something like that.

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Brave women, some things are more important than making a few very rich!

Last edited:

Joe Pineapples

Mar 28, 2010
Brighton

Obvious troll is obvious.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here