Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Meeting people through Facebook

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
With your username that can't come across any other way than CREEPY. Sorry.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
The people on my Facebook are all people I've already met. I don't understand how you'd do it the other way round. Are you just going through random profiles and asking if they'll be your friend??

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The people on my Facebook are all people I've already met. I don't understand how you'd do it the other way round. Are you just going through random profiles and asking if they'll be your friend??

As you say - I've never "met" ANYONE on Facebook.

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
How do you MEET someone through Facebook? I don't understand.
Both commented on a mutual friends status, and then added each other based on looks?
Very odd.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
One of my mates got a message from a girl who had seen his profile and was a friend of a friend. Bit odd but hey, they've been together for a few years now

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
This has the potential to go gold or the potential to be 'google'.......... will keep an eye out.

Did once AVOID getting with a girl I met on a night out (after everything was offered up on a very drunken in her case plate) as I realised where I'd seen her from! Some VERY stalkerish and attention seeking posts on a couple of 'friends' pages on facebook.

coagulantwolf

Jun 21, 2012
The awkward moment when you meet someone for the first time in person, and have to pretend like you have no idea who they are, when in reality you once managed to find your way on to her profile and on to her holiday bikini snaps...

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
All of my friends are idiots and benders. The only real people I know are the ones on NSC.

You can tell that to your sheep under your freaky looking tree church on a bleak hillside on Sunday. Don't forget to tell them that there is no god.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
Before Facebook I used Facepic and met a couple of people through that.

And of course MSN messenger was a great one for meeting people as you could be added into friends conversations with people you'd never met. It was great, one evening I was added into my mates conversation with about 15 other people and got chatting. As the night went on, people went offline and I was left chatting to a girl id never even spoken to. We then ended up seeing each other for a couple of months after that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here