Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spanish Dave

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
On the back page of todays Arsegas is a snippet on SD. It reads:

Door is closing on David

The door is closing on David and a return to the Amex.The Argus understands the offer of a one year deal has been withdrawn by the Albion. Neither the club nor the players representative wished to comment yesterday. Barring a dramatic twist, David is now expected to open talks with other potential employers. The former Athletic Bilbao star and his agent have always insisted they would not talk to other clubs until they had spoken to the Albion. David is training alone at home in Spain. He told the Argus " My first choice is Brighton "

Thoughts? I for one, would be disappointed to see him go.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That is disappointing. It seems strange to offer a contract and then withdraw it. Maybe Oscar has someone better in mind?

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This is disappointing news but if they are withdrawing the offer I would hope they have a damn good replacement lined up. You'd think they could still find room for a proven performer though.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
I don't really understand what has gone wrong here. He said he was happy with a one year deal and he was offered a one year deal so it must be down to money I guess. A real shame as he was our most improved player last year and will be hard to replace.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Typical bluff and counter bluff.

We've offered a year he/or his agent asked for 2 years or a big pay hike and probably and won't budge.

So we have withdrawn the offer as its been refused, club probably felt they had to as its been on the table since mid may and he hasn't signed it. Ball is firmly in his court now I would think.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Oscar MUST have someone better in mind. Either that, or the club is calling the player's bluff.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Typical bluff and counter bluff.

We've offered a year he/or his agent asked for 2 years or a big pay hike and probably and won't budge.

So we have withdrawn the offer as its been refused, club probably felt they had to as its been on the table since mid may and he hasn't signed it. Ball is firmly in his court now I would think.

Wasn't El Abd offered a years deal but eventually signed a two year one?

Reckon Dave is after a piece of that action.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I heard last night that his agent is being a cock.

If Lopez does want to come back and Garcia wants him then how hard is it for Lopez to tell his agent to sort it? Expect him to sign very soon or we can take it Garcia has somebody he considers better lined up. Hard to know whether be disappointed or not without knowing who the alternative is.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Quite possibly, he has said he happy with a year I know but can't help think the problem is he either wants a year deal on increased wages or a 2 year deal on current terms.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Damn. Such a good, versatile player, dead ball excellent, who else do we have that can take a free kick like him?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Like others have said this is more than likely going to be down to money. That said it could be the fact that OG wants to actually see him train / play and since he is training alone in Spain as not been able to do that.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
If Lopez does want to come back and Garcia wants him then how hard is it for Lopez to tell his agent to sort it? Expect him to sign very soon or we can take it Garcia has somebody he considers better lined up. Hard to know whether be disappointed or not without knowing who the alternative is.

Oscar isn't involved in transfers or contracts. David Burke is

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton

And arguably deserves it just as much.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
That's a real shame as I thought once he got into the pace of Championship football he really proved his worth, I'll never forget his free kick against the scum it was quality.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

I think the alternative may be Orlandi

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here