[Official Site] Upson's Albion Attraction

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
upson-training-lead229-907099_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
06:00 11th July 2013
by Will Jago
Matthew Upson highlighted Albion’s footballing ethos as the main contributor behind his return to the Amex, after signing a one-year deal this morning.
The 34-year-old settled quickly last season, contributing to the best defensive record in the Championship while on loan from Stoke City, and has targeted more of the same ahead of the 2013/14 campaign.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “I’m really pleased to be back and to get back into the swing of things. I really enjoyed being at the club with the buzz around the place - I had a good time and I’m hungry for more.
“The footballing ethos is a real attraction for me to come back. I guess I’m in the twilight of my career and enjoying playing football is a really important thing for me at the moment.
“I’m really motivated to put my boots on and play, and I’ll enjoy that. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the way that Brighton play and that’s a big factor as to why I’ve signed another year.”
The former England international will travel to Madrid with the squad for the pre-season training camp on Sunday and he is looking forward to joining up with some familiar faces.
“Madrid will be great, and it’ll be good to see the lads again. I’ve been doing a few pieces of work on my own but I will be a little bit behind the lads in terms of the amount of training they have done - I’ll get up to speed as soon as possible though.
“Although I’m signing a permanent deal this time it doesn’t feel much different to signing on loan last season, as I’m signing for the same club and I’m coming here to do the same job.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here