Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gylndebourne

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Always eat in Middle whateveritscalled. Avoids weather hassles. Food by Prue Leith. Last couple of times the chef in the kitchen was Albert Roux so pretty decent.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
The Trevor Arms is an option if you're going but don't want to eat there. You can book in advance and there's loads of time to drive there and back and eat during the interval. If you're going to Hippolyte et Aricie it's well good. Properly bonkers.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
The Trevor Arms is an option if you're going but don't want to eat there. You can book in advance and there's loads of time to drive there and back and eat during the interval. If you're going to Hippolyte et Aricie it's well good. Properly bonkers.

Ooooooh we are. Looking forward to it.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Keep it real and take a Scotch Egg.

Seagrrl

Jan 22, 2012
Hove
Take your own picnic and don't think the dress code is optional, I've seen a lot of very self conscious men walking around in lounge suits in previous years. Enjoy though, it's fun!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Take your own picnic and don't think the dress code is optional, I've seen a lot of very self conscious men walking around in lounge suits in previous years. Enjoy though, it's fun!

I turned up once on my bike, wearing scruffy t-shirt and shorts, with the DJ and strides in the pannier. The look I got from the gate attendant was priceless. I think he had visions of my wandering around the picnic lawns looking like Rab C Nesbitt.

LewesTom

Apr 27, 2013
Dude! So did I! Show me another football club forum discussing a night at the world class opera. Got a couple of £15 tickets to Falstaff last week, was really good, very funny...bit of a weird ending though.

I've worked in the kitchens up there on and off for years. Mr Roux is not the bloody chef as mention earlier!! Leith's do hold the contract, thus central purchasing is used which limits to a degree the level of quality. The staff are all fairly hardcore doing 14-16 hours a day throughout the season. All ther restaurants have to serve all in 80 mins. Great buzz, fairly good food. Have fun.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here