Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New surcharge for night games?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
A 'sauce' has told me that, because of FFP and the need to cover costs and following the introduction of booking fees for everyone, the club is now looking to recoup some of the tremendous cost of flood & safety lighting for night matches.

Spokes person, Paul Barbour, states that the leccy bill is enormous and it's only right & proper that this cost should be passed on to customers. The charge would probably be in the region of £2.00 per ticket.

The club are aware that there may well be some resistance to this move so are also looking into the possibility of rearranging games to the day time and playing behind closed doors. This has the attraction of not only saving on lighting but also enormous savings in stewarding, security, catering staff and the P&R. Subtle steps to make ticket buying more difficult, especially for the casual customer, are already proving a huge success with the Queens Road shop showing an encouraging drop in nuisance callers.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Easy 10 does these. And does them right.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Poor effect and cant spell Paul Barbers name correct either.

D

Deleted member 2719

I just love the way some suck off one poster for doing these threads but slag off the next, it get's so on here clicky at times.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
You might have genuinely fooled a few people up until the 'behind closed doors' bit, pushed your luck just that bit too far...

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
4/10

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Not really, it's just that some do them well and some don't.

Very much this plus whether or not their posting history indicates they're a prat!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
So that's a thumbs down then!

The spelling of Barbour was deliberate as I did not want to acredit a quote to somebody when they obviously didn't.

There was a serious point about surcharges & also the Queens Road ticket office. it seems crazy that in a City full of foreign tourists our city centre shop does not even have a poster advertising forth coming games, especially the Viaareal game which may appeal to many. But then, even if they had a poster, the passing potential customer would be unable to buy a ticket there anyway.

I know friendlies are hardly about making money but the potential is there to advertise and sell to the tourist, or families on school holidays and it just seems the club is not bothered.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here