Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Players contracts

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Can anyone provide any information on the following players and the length of their contracts. I had expected all of them to be up for renewal this summer.

Casper Ankergren
Lewis Dunk
Liam Bridcutt

also:
George Barker
Leon Woodley

I've clearly missed something being announced

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Also 2014 I think, except Bridcutt who is 2015

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Can anyone provide any information on the following players and the length of their contracts. I had expected all of them to be up for renewal this summer.

Casper Ankergren
Lewis Dunk
Liam Bridcutt

also:
George Barker
Leon Woodley

I've clearly missed something being announced

It wasn't announced at the time, but Ankergren signed an extended contract in July 2011 - it turns out it was a 3-year deal, so he has a year left.
Dunk has a contract through to June 2015.
Bridcutt's contract is also to June 2015.
Barker has a year of his 2-year deal left.
Leon Woodley - I assume you mean either Leon Redwood (who was released in May 2012) or Jordan Woodley (who was released at the end of November 2011).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It wasn't announced at the time, but Ankergren signed an extended contract in July 2011 - it turns out it was a 3-year deal, so he has a year left.
Leon Woodley - I assume you mean either Leon Redwood (who was released in May 2012) or Jordan Woodley (who was released at the end of November 2011).

Thanks, I did confuse Leon and Jordan and combine them to be the same person...
How do you know about the lengths of the contracts that were signed by the other 4 players? Obviously they are all still with the club so not disbelieving you just wondering how you know length for certain

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I know the info AZ Gull gives on Bridcutt is correct but this site states that his contract ended June 2013?? This makes me doubt the validity of the rest.

On closer inspection that site has a few players with unknown length of contracts and different information to what has been posted above. I'm confused!

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

I know the info AZ Gull gives on Bridcutt is correct but this site states that his contract ended June 2013?? This makes me doubt the validity of the rest.

On closer inspection that site has a few players with unknown length of contracts and different information to what has been posted above. I'm confused!

I cannot vouch for the accuracy of any website; I would encourage you to treat the information with some scepticism.

I take my information from details which are released by the club or appear in the Argus (and other primary sources, such as the FA Player Registration documents). This doesn't guarantee that it is infallible, but I would respectfully suggest it is the most accurate information you will get.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think Casper Ankergren was given a 2 year contract extension back in 2011 with the option of another year which the club has taken up , in effect making it a 3 year deal.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I think Casper Ankergren was given a 2 year contract extension back in 2011 with the option of another year which the club has taken up , in effect making it a 3 year deal.

Do you have some inside info, or are you speculating? (I don't mean that to sound rude, by the way, but there were 5 players in this exact position who were mentioned by the club statement on retained players on May 16th - why exclude Ankergren?).

Also, the Argus reported on April 15th that he had a year left on his contract, which leads me to believe that he signed a straight 3-year deal (contract extensions have to be registered with the FA, and up through the end of April the most recent mention of Ankergren was July 2011).

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Do you have some inside info, or are you speculating? (I don't mean that to sound rude, by the way, but there were 5 players in this exact position who were mentioned by the club statement on retained players on May 16th - why exclude Ankergren?).

Also, the Argus reported on April 15th that he had a year left on his contract, which leads me to believe that he signed a straight 3-year deal (contract extensions have to be registered with the FA, and up through the end of April the most recent mention of Ankergren was July 2011).

I knew I read it on here somewhere (photographic memory ? :lol:) and have found the thread from 27th April 2012 titled "Unpublicised extensions to contracts revealed by the Argus". If the info in post #1 is accurate (at that time) then it suggests a 2 year extension was given in 2011. Either the Argus gave out the wrong information in 2012 and corrected it 12 months later hoping no one would notice or the original poster got it wrong.

AZ Gull

Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
I knew I read it on here somewhere (photographic memory ? :lol:) and have found the thread from 27th April 2012 titled "Unpublicised extensions to contracts revealed by the Argus". If the info in post #1 is accurate (at that time) then it suggests a 2 year extension was given in 2011. Either the Argus gave out the wrong information in 2012 and corrected it 12 months later hoping no one would notice or the original poster got it wrong.

I've just found the original Argus story that the OP in that thread was quoting. It is true that they have Ankergren's contract expiring in 2013; it is also true that they show Michael Poke as having the same length contract {which is nonsense, as he signed his original 1 year deal in July 2010 and then signed a 1 year extension in May 2011, at the end of which he was released. They also couldn't even spell his first name correctly}.

For the reasons stated earlier, I believe Ankergren was given a 3-year extension.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Didn't Gus mention in one of his longer press conferences that Ankergren and Brezovan were both out of contract this summer? It was about 3 months ago.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I've just found the original Argus story that the OP in that thread was quoting. It is true that they have Ankergren's contract expiring in 2013; it is also true that they show Michael Poke as having the same length contract {which is nonsense, as he signed his original 1 year deal in July 2010 and then signed a 1 year extension in May 2011, at the end of which he was released. They also couldn't even spell his first name correctly}.

For the reasons stated earlier, I believe Ankergren was given a 3-year extension.

On that basis he must have been given a 3 year extension which was inaccurately reported at the time by The Argus and then they've mentioned in April this year he still had another year to go on his contract which has caused the confusion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here