Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

pompey

Jan 30, 2008
heard they've sold 8k season tickets for league 2 football , not a bad effort, can't imagine the jcl's on here hanging around IF WE WERE IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT ................... discuss???
regards
DR

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I spoke to a Pompey fan last night and he was really positive but also looking forward to going to some "proper" grounds...really nice fella and I wished him the best

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
heard they've sold 8k season tickets for league 2 football , not a bad effort, can't imagine the jcl's on here hanging around IF WE WERE IN THE SAME PREDICAMENT ................... discuss???
regards
DR

Possibly true. But we had a far worse time than them before we got to Withdean.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
that's not the point
regards
DR

It is the point. Pompey have tasted the big time in very recent memory, whereas we went from one of football's lowest points, attendance wise (1980s), straight into a 1990s on-field slump which it took us almost twenty years to recover from. Pompey's being in the Premier League would have attracted people back to the club who hadn't been for years. Those people don't just go away.

And there is also the fact that recovery from adversity can boost spirits hugely. Look at the reaction to the Albion after the original Fans United day. There was a sense that we'd reached rock bottom by then, and were playing in front of crowds of 4,000. Fans United pulled in 11,000 or so, many of whom kept coming back once the realisation came that we were better when everyone pitched in and pulled together.

Pompey have ended up (deservedly) near the bottom, but they now have something to aim for, and it's going to attract those same supporters back. I would absolutely expect that- they think they're going to get promoted now.

Jan 30, 2008
It is the point. Pompey have tasted the big time in very recent memory, whereas we went from one of football's lowest points, attendance wise (1980s), straight into a 1990s on-field slump which it took us almost twenty years to recover from. Pompey's being in the Premier League would have attracted people back to the club who hadn't been for years. Those people don't just go away.

And there is also the fact that recovery from adversity can boost spirits hugely. Look at the reaction to the Albion after the original Fans United day. There was a sense that we'd reached rock bottom by then, and were playing in front of crowds of 4,000. Fans United pulled in 11,000 or so, many of whom kept coming back once the realisation came that we were better when everyone pitched in and pulled together.

Pompey have ended up (deservedly) near the bottom, but they now have something to aim for, and it's going to attract those same supporters back. I would absolutely expect that- they think they're going to get promoted now.
you're on a spin cycle there edna
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
you're on a spin cycle there edna
regards
DR

Unusually for me, I'm not attempting to mock them. I'm just saying that 8,000 is no big deal for a bunch of cheap tickets at a club that has been in the Premier League in the last three years and is feeling optimistic about their future for the first time in several seasons.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
They'll be the Luton Town of their league.

Stuck in it for years with the highest crowds but will cause trouble everywhere they go.

Jan 30, 2008
Unusually for me, I'm not attempting to mock them. I'm just saying that 8,000 is no big deal for a bunch of cheap tickets at a club that has been in the Premier League in the last three years and is feeling optimistic about their future for the first time in several seasons.
they've got a solid fan base with the history to match it , not going to deny they've had a bunch of crooks down there in the past and deserve to be where they are , i'm not arse licking either.
regards
DR

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
they've got a solid fan base with the history to match it , not going to deny they've had a bunch of crooks down there in the past and deserve to be where they are , i'm not arse licking either.
regards
DR

Holy crap, we are almost in agreement then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here