Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Women's international football

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I have Sweden vs Denmark on while I'm waiting for my dinner (I'm cooking btw . . .). Can anyone advise me how I go about enjoying this as a sporting spectacle? I say this as someone who enjoys watching women's athletics on a par with the male version. There is something about women's football that just doesn't work for me. I'd really like to get into it, given the horrible hiatus before we (BHA) get going again . . . is there some sort of mantra I can chant, or yoga exercise I could use to prepare my brain for this?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
I've just watched the last half hour and found it entertaining.The game was played at a good pace, and there was some good skills on show. Both teams need to work on their set-pieces though, and I expect Sweden will be in for some penalty taking practice tomorrow.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Here's a tip- go and search for one of the identical threads that pops up every time women's football is on TV. It'll save everyone ranting again :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Here's a tip- go and search for one of the identical threads that pops up every time women's football is on TV. It'll save everyone ranting again :thumbsup:

Apologies. End of thread!

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I saw the first five minutes in the pub earlier. Flip me it was like carry on football! Sweden missed a sitter after about 10 seconds. Then a Swedish bird fell over but managed to get up and not lose the ball despite rolling about on the floor. Then the final amusement was one of the Swedes booted the ball into the face of another Swede from about 5 yards who knocked it out for a throw in.

Sadly I had a train to get so didn't see the rest of the it. Funniest thing on the BBC in yonks.

It was a much better version of Sunday morning football they used to show on live TV back in the days of BSB. The football wasn't any better but the players were allot more pleasing on the eye.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
The BBC have certainly advertised it enough. Do they really expect this tournament to be a success for them like the Confederations Cup was? That was free flowing attacking football at its best with the host nation winning it with some dazzling skill especially from Neymar.

Two goals and two drawn matches to start. Great. Not that I watched any of it.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Apologies. End of thread!

Sorry :thumbsup:

Not really aimed at you. Just the people who start threads every time on this subject with the same old points, namely:

-which ones you'd shag
-which ones are fat
-which ones are probably lesbians
-the goalkeepers are shit
-they don't kick it far do they
-they can't head the ball
-they should never be allowed to play men's football
-"iron my shirt, love, there's a good girl"..

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Sorry :thumbsup:

Not really aimed at you. Just the people who start threads every time on this subject with the same old points, namely:

-which ones you'd shag
-which ones are fat
-which ones are probably lesbians
-the goalkeepers are shit
-they don't kick it far do they
-they can't head the ball
-they should never be allowed to play men's football
-"iron my shirt, love, there's a good girl"..

You mean they aren't ALL lesbians? :ohmy:

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I love these threads as they're usually started by ignorant blokes who really do not understand anything about football in general, let alone girls or women's football.

Whilst the girls and women's game maybe not be as quick and physical as the men's game, I would say that technically and tactically, our female players in England are becoming better then our male players...

I coach a group of 8-10 year old girls and I have to say that they are amazing and pick things up so quickly and I'd also stick my neck on the line to say that within the next 10 years, the women's game is going to become bigger and bigger.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I like watching womens football. They play the game because they want to, not because someone is paying them too much money.
But, remember, it's the same in any football tournament, it's a group game. The real thud and blunder comes in the knockout stages.
You watch how the officials are treated in the game. even if they really cock up a decision they're not abused and surrounded. keeps the game flowing

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I've just watched the last half hour and found it entertaining.The game was played at a good pace, and there was some good skills on show. Both teams need to work on their set-pieces though, and I expect Sweden will be in for some penalty taking practice tomorrow.

Why let reality get in the way of prejudiced, prehistoric views?!

Our women's team has been a credit to our country over the last few years, very unlike their male counterparts!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here