Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Season Ticket and travel terms

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
Don't think so. Still have to pay for your own travel to Lewes.

Wasn't aware the club were even reviewing the free travel boundaries.

monkeymz

Sep 27, 2011
bloody wants to be as us from this side getting screwed, we get travel from lewes which is 5 miles away haywards heath which is 18 miles away and worthing which is 16 miles away,(guess i will be corrected about the zones) so we getting screwed over this way.

countryman

Jun 28, 2011
I believe Martin perry said on the Albion Roar that they were negotiating this with southern rail. Whether something has come out of it I don't know.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Catching a bus to Seaford might be a cheaper option.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I certainly hope the club will take another look at the eastern boundary for travel.

There's an awful lot of us on the matchday trains from Eastbourne & Polegate.

I think Lord B gets on at Glynde and rightfully has a good old moan about the fact that he only lives one stop from Lewes but has to pay extra for the privilege.

Those travelling from Haywards Heath get the best deal of all.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I remember seeing a post with the number of season ticket holders in each postcode, but can't find it. Can anyone else point me to it?

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Okay never mind, found it by searching the boards for my own postcode (obvious when I thought about it for a bit).

Off to play for a bit...

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I believe Martin perry said on the Albion Roar that they were negotiating this with southern rail. Whether something has come out of it I don't know.

I would think the travel arrangements have been finalised for next season and if this was going to happen it would have been announced by now. Maybe whatever Southern were asking was too expensive for the Albion to justify swallowing, especially with the current cut backs that are taking place.

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU
Catching a bus to Seaford might be a cheaper option.

As I live right on the No 12 route I do this quite a bit when I want a few beers - still costs £5 return though

When not drinking often drive 15 minutes to Seaford where it is easy and free to park close to station - more and more E/B people are doing this - always get a seat as well

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
bloody wants to be as us from this side getting screwed, we get travel from lewes which is 5 miles away haywards heath which is 18 miles away and worthing which is 16 miles away,(guess i will be corrected about the zones) so we getting screwed over this way.

The train boundary is shoreham not worthing

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
As I live right on the No 12 route I do this quite a bit when I want a few beers - still costs £5 return though

It's not going to make you rich, but have you considered getting a key card to load a 'saver' ticket on it. Currently £3.90, or even better value if you have a smartphone by downloading an app you can purchase one for £3.50. Will make the first pint a little bit less expensive!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I live in Haywards Heath. If I drive via Ditchling Beacon, it's actually 11.8 miles, probably 12 miles from the centre of town.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
Okay so for the curious here is a quick map showing postal codes and number of season tickets sold. Note that the season ticket count is from an old post so the data is no doubt somewhat incorrect, but gives you an idea of how many people are outside of the free travel zone.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Nice café on the station at Seaford too. Get a take away and save money. :smile:

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene

When not drinking often drive 15 minutes to Seaford where it is easy and free to park close to station - more and more E/B people are doing this - always get a seat as well

This is what I do, drive to seaford..
But still hassle as finish work rush to seaford and then get train :tantrum:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here