Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bored of Seagulls Player

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Anyone else sick of the biased commentary on Seagulls player... If Brighton don't have the ball they chat among themselves or go over to some idiot talking about how Eastbourne Borough are doing as if anyone gives a toss...???

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Anyone else sick of the biased commentary on Seagulls player... If Brighton don't have the ball they chat among themselves or go over to some idiot talking about how Eastbourne Borough are doing as if anyone gives a toss...???

The commentary is from BBC Radio Sussex , the standard isn't very good if you compare it to other football commentary teams on other BBC regional stations. If you listen to other commentators they actually describe what is happening and where players are on the pitch to give an overall picture. It is most annoying for them to break away from their inane chat to tell us something has just happened like the ball has gone out for a corner or a shot has been taken but you don't know which side is attacking or defending. Or we could be piling on the pressure and then they decide to give an update on the games involving Crawley , Eastbourne and Lewes.:rant:

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
The commentary is from BBC Radio Sussex , the standard isn't very good if you compare it to other football commentary teams on other BBC regional stations. If you listen to other commentators they actually describe what is happening and where players are on the pitch to give an overall picture. It is most annoying for them to break away from their inane chat to tell us something has just happened like the ball has gone out for a corner or a shot has been taken but you don't know which side is attacking or defending. Or will could be piling on the pressure and then they decide to give an update on the games involving Crawley , Eastbourne and Lewes.:rant:

Wait if it is from BBC are you telling me that I can get it for free?!?!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wait if it is from BBC are you telling me that I can get it for free?!?!
If you live within the radio coverage area , yes. It isn't available online apart from Seagulls Player if you live outside of the radio coverage area.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Sometimes there is radio commentary on Radio 5 Live but this can be equally frustrating as the commentators don't know what they're talking about either and chat about Premier League crap.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
The commentary is from BBC Radio Sussex , the standard isn't very good if you compare it to other football commentary teams on other BBC regional stations. If you listen to other commentators they actually describe what is happening and where players are on the pitch to give an overall picture. It is most annoying for them to break away from their inane chat to tell us something has just happened like the ball has gone out for a corner or a shot has been taken but you don't know which side is attacking or defending. Or we could be piling on the pressure and then they decide to give an update on the games involving Crawley , Eastbourne and Lewes.:rant:

this
but unfortunately this is all we have whether internet or live radio

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
will seagulls player work in Norway?

smeariestbat

May 5, 2012
also, can i get it on my iphone or ipad?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
this
but unfortunately this is all we have whether internet or live radio
When I read the OP I was wondering if you would have posted yet :D I like it when Warren's on but JC is pretty terrible and teamed up with JB it's pretty much a waste of time.

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I've given the player up. I am fed up with listening to Warren Aspinal's stupid pronunciations of player names. I only need commentary for away matches anyway. I'll just try to get to more grounds this season so I don't have to hear him.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I like Player for interviews and highlights but the Radio Sussex commentary is dreadful during games. Bring back Hawesy.

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway
will seagulls player work in Norway?
also, can i get it on my iphone or ipad?

Yes it will (if you get the football league app) and yes you can! I listened to the st patricks day palace game whilst painting my house outside and the drubbing of blackpool whilst at the playground with my daughters. Both times on my iphone just sitting in my pocket.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Problem with Seagulls Player is that all goal highlights can be seen on TV on the Saturday night and nearly all of the content is put in the Argus within 24 hours (which I wouldn't pay for as even this is now expensive at 65p for a local rag) but we have them at work in our canteen so I can at least catch up with most of the stories. The commentary is ok but do agree that it might be refreshing to get a few different co-comentators from time to time to make the listen more worthwhile.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Bored of Seagulls Player

Bored with :tantrum:

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I like Player for interviews and highlights but the Radio Sussex commentary is dreadful during games. Bring back Hawesy.

It's a real waste of money at the moment. OG can't do interviews. New signings albeit El Abd and Upson not interviewed. Apparently there will be none until Gus thing sorted. Bit poor as we are still being charged for it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here