Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Does anyone share their BA airmiles/Avios with family members

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If so, how does it work?

I have 18,000 airmiles which I want to book two seats on a flight to Rome in August......I cant see how you share your miles on teh site

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
You have to create a household account. To add to the confusion, you may well have 2 Avios accounts, one which BA manage and one for old style airmiles. These also have to be merged if you want to use the combined points.

Good luck with finding flights, I have failed miserably when trying to find flights during school time let alone in August.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Not sure of your definition of family.

I have saved and used Air Mils/Avios for years and booked up many flights and weekend breaks for myself and wife.

The account is only in my name but buy for her as well, using my points.

Centurion

Sep 2, 2012
If so, how does it work?

I have 18,000 airmiles which I want to book two seats on a flight to Rome in August......I cant see how you share your miles on teh site

I think you need 15000 miles per flight to Rome. Don't transfer them to your family as they charge simply log into your account and book the seats in their names you don't have to travel. I have done this several times for family.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If so, how does it work?

If you have enough miles you can book for whoever you want even if you're not travelling...or have I missed the point?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not the best use of miles, but should be able to find something. I was amazed to find 2 biz class seats to Brazil during the World Cup next year ! Safe to say I snapped them up, £590 in tax each, bargain

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011
If you have enough miles you can book for whoever you want even if you're not travelling...or have I missed the point?

Yes, but you can pool someone else's miles into one household account to spend as you wish. I have done this with my wife through the BA executive club website. I can't remember exactly how to do it, but it wasn't difficult. This is different to giving your miles to another user (which you have to pay for).

Has the other traveller got their own account? If so, you just need their account number to link the two together and share the miles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here