Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Electronic advertising boards? bothered or not bothered?

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
When they first appeared they really annoyed me.

They've blended in to the background now though.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
They're a good source of commercial income, something which Barber loves to maximise.
I think I read that LCD Boards are a requirement for any team playing in the Premiership these days.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Distracting. Hate them.

If they are only used to show a sequence of different static adverts, that's no real issue. Its when they use animation - a car driving along / a plane taking off / a sodding BALL bouncing along - unnecessary, distracting, stupid.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Distracting. Hate them.

I thought they'd be distracting until I saw them in the flesh at the Arsenal game. Entirely forgot they were there once the game started. Did they distract you throughout that game?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought they'd be distracting until I saw them in the flesh at the Arsenal game. Entirely forgot they were there once the game started. Did they distract you throughout that game?

I sit in the East.

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Can you imagine ITV TV with an inch-wide advert strip along all four sides of the screen, constantly flashing, and flowing!?

Same problem with football - I've gone to watch a match, been distracted at key moments, and ended up remembering never to buy, ever, anything so advertised.

Grrrrrrrrrrr!!

B52

Jan 23, 2013
Super Seaford From the South
Sorry guys, But I like them, perhaps if we do have them at the Amex, we could attract airlines or banks and such like for extra advertising revenue,

We would be required to have them in the Prem. anyway, so why not have them now,.... just in case like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here