Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gold Membership and Cup Tickets

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

I was a member of the auto cup scheme.
On Monday I signed up to the Gold Membership scheme so I can purchase every cup home game.

What I don't understand is if the money comes out my account automatically and match is loaded on to my card, or I need to purchase the ticket separately.

Is it just me? or has anyone else found this whole membership change a little confusing.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I was a member of the auto cup scheme.
On Monday I signed up to the Gold Membership scheme so I can purchase every cup home game.

What I don't understand is if the money comes out my account automatically and match is loaded on to my card, or I need to purchase the ticket separately.

Is it just me? or has anyone else found this whole membership change a little confusing.

Yes, money goes out automatically, and the match is loaded onto your card.

But not for the Newport County match. You have to buy that one normally.

D

Deleted member 22389

I see that is where the confusion came in.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So humour an old man.

I am a season ticket holder, therefore as I understand it, I automatically am registered as a whatever metal member.

I am therefore entitled to book my seat for a cup game at the time the albion say so? At the moment it is around a week from when they are available and if I don't get this done in the time, my seat is made available to whoever wants it?

If so, what is the point in buying one of these other metal levels of membership, if I am not really interested in going to away games or friendlies?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So humour an old man.

I am a season ticket holder, therefore as I understand it, I automatically am registered as a whatever metal member.

Yes, you are a Silver member for free.

I am therefore entitled to book my seat for a cup game at the time the albion say so? At the moment it is around a week from when they are available and if I don't get this done in the time, my seat is made available to whoever wants it?

Yes, and yes

If so, what is the point in buying one of these other metal levels of membership, if I am not really interested in going to away games or friendlies?

The other memberships are free - the advantage, for some, is the lack of hassle buying tickets, as it happens automatically, and a slightly higher 'loyalty' point reward for being a member of gold/platinum.

Answers in quote.

Last edited:

D

Deleted member 22389

If you are a season ticket holder and you want to automatically book your seat and have money taken from your account for every Home cup match then you need to apply for the Gold Membership.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
If you are a season ticket holder and you want to automatically book your seat and have money taken from your account for every Home cup match then you need to apply for the Gold Membership.

Which I can't be arsed to do as I may not be able to make them all....the current system is fine for me.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Yes, money goes out automatically, and the match is loaded onto your card.

But not for the Newport County match. You have to buy that one normally.

Great work Barber.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Any ideas as to why it isn't up and running for the Newport County game which could, in theory, be one of only TWO occasions we would need the Auto Cup Scheme this season?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Any ideas as to why it isn't up and running for the Newport County game which could, in theory, be one of only TWO occasions we would need the Auto Cup Scheme this season?

Because Barber has realised its nonsensical match... its certainly needed in the latter stages once demand for tickets increases.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Because Barber has realised its nonsensical match... its certainly needed in the latter stages once demand for tickets increases.

Would be surprised if that was the case rather than it being an oversight or mistake/problem with system etc. I would have thought games like Newport would be a perfect use of the scheme as it would automatically sell tickets to an unattractive game which many fans might not bother with unless they had already automatically got the ticket.

D

Deleted member 22389

On the ticket system it also says collect. I know this is a stupid question to ask, do we collect from The Amex. I'm used to having the match automatically uploaded to the card or tickets posted.
Has there been a bit of a balls up on this.

D

Deleted member 22389

Update telephone number is correct my mistake for not lookinh.

Honestly I have never had a reason to moan about the system before, but really this whole membership thing seems to have been rushed through.
It has created a lot of confusion. I'm going to call the ticket office and find out exactly what is what here.

Weretheweststand

Unregistered User
Aug 23, 2011
Hailsham
On the ticket system it also says collect. I know this is a stupid question to ask, do we collect from The Amex. I'm used to having the match automatically uploaded to the card or tickets posted.
Has there been a bit of a balls up on this.

I booked mine by phone and the person said that they would be posted to my address, but it still says collect on mine too, so I expect they should be posted.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Because they are only opening the lower tier so upper STH cannot reserve their seats. I believe we accommodated 20,000 or so for the U21's in the lower, i suspect we will not exceed that for the Newport game.

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
Would be surprised if that was the case rather than it being an oversight or mistake/problem with system etc. I would have thought games like Newport would be a perfect use of the scheme as it would automatically sell tickets to an unattractive game which many fans might not bother with unless they had already automatically got the ticket.

Fair point... I'm happy its not the case tbh as much as I love watching Albion. League Cup Round 1 isn't a glamour match in all reality.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here