Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Human Beatboxing - have a watch of this

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm guessing most people know what it is but for those that don't it's someone who can make their voice sound like different instruments often several at once. I think Doug E Fresh's The Show was when I first heard it back in the 80s . It seemed to have died out (or gone underground) until around 15 years ago when some really talented people have revived its popularity. I've seen buskers combine flute-playing with beatboxing too. This video here is about the best I've ever seen. Two minutes in, he's pretty good, 5 mins in he's amazing and on the 10 minute mark he's just brilliant.

[yt]GNZBSZD16cY[/yt]

Brighton's very own Beardy Man is one of the biggest names in beatboxing and his early stuff is very funny although of late he's dropped the comedy in a lot of sets. Reggie Watts is another to look out for.

And this video here combines beatboxing, looping and an oboe to produce this.

[yt]K9Z6hzF4XBE[/yt]

Wish I had a talent like that.

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Thanks for that Buzzer :thumbsup:

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
LOVE REGGIE WATTS!!! "Put your hands in the cookie jar!" :rave: :rock: :rave:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I saw Tom Thum live in Edinburgh a few years ago at the Fringe Festival. Guy is simply amazing. I've not watched the whole of the video linked in the first post yet but about 1.20 in he puts that little crackle you get with vinyl records in, when he did that in Edinburgh while beat boxing Michael Jackson's Beat It I was blown away.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
and I think someone mentioned flute-playing with beatboxing, which I'm presuming is Nathan "Flutebox" Lee... seen here with Beardyman.

[yt]e3kyNGVK-hI[/yt]

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here