Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hair Today. Gone Tomorrow.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Well I know the folicles have been challenged for some time, many years infact but I did the mirror to the top of the head challenge today and it was a HORRIFIC site. The balding patch is rather large now and will say hello to the receeding hairline at the sides quite soon now I fear. You can't see this from a front look in the mirror.

When did you realise the " game was up " ? Were you bothered and what did you do ?

I feel like saying " f*ck it ", the old barnet has put up a brave fight for a long time but give it up now and having a drastic shaving of the barnet. Tight and cropped.

What did you do when you realised the fight was almost over ?

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Bought a pair of clippers in 2006, still using them and saving a lot of money on haircuts. Wasn't bothered bloody hair never did what I wanted it to do without lashings of wax / gel, love having shaven head, 0.5 all the way.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It is time to throw in the towel now. Maybe shave the remaining folicles close.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Yes , I'm bald on top. Don't even worry about it. Don't go for the head-shave - there's too much maintenance involved. The irony that annoys me though is that nose and ear hair grows better than ever - not fair really.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I envy guys at 50 who still have a full head of flowing locks. Life is so UNFAIR :tantrum:

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Was in M & S changing rooms with all those surround mirrors.

I looked and thought who is that bald bloke in here with me, then realised it was me. What a shock.

I knew I was receding but hadn't realised the bald patch was so big.

Anyway, easy now, am used to it and relaxed about. Just a quick no.1 and all is right with the world.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
At least Wayne Rooney has gone bald again. That made me feel slightly better.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Was in M & S changing rooms with all those surround mirrors.

I looked and thought who is that bald bloke in here with me, then realised it was me. What a shock.

I knew I was receding but hadn't realised the bald patch was so big.

Anyway, easy now, am used to it and relaxed about. Just a quick no.1 and all is right with the world.

That is right. You don't realise looking front on in the mirror and the only way is to do the mirror to the top of the head challenge and it was NOT pretty. sigh.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
I've put more sun cream on my head this week than I have on my body :)

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hang on there was an advert on the racing channel for regaine. Anyone tried this sh*t ?

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
My Dad used to say "Grass never grows on a busy street" - but he has always been prone to talking shite

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
49 and full head of hair, just starting to grey a bit though

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Number 4 all over. What the hell.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Do you remember that "play-dough" toy kids used to have, it was like a head that you packed with "play-dough", you cranked a handle on the side and hair burst out of lots of tiny holes in the head, well I've got hair as prolific as that,very thick and grows at a ridiculous rate AND it's like wire. I cant do a thing with it,it's like a bog brush or action man's hair. Anyway,clippers are the answer for me, a no2 every 3 weeks keeps it looking tidy and, in this heat,bearable. Remember, there is nothing worse than a comb-over so man up and get shearing,you'll never look back. The alternative, if you like U.S., I can post you some of my clippings and you can try and do something with 'em. I;m a bit on the "salt 'n pepper side if you get my drift so you may end up looking like you've a badger sitting on yer head though.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Bought a pair of clippers in 2006, still using them and saving a lot of money on haircuts. Wasn't bothered bloody hair never did what I wanted it to do without lashings of wax / gel, love having shaven head, 0.5 all the way.

My hair was very fine in my 20s. Got clippers maybe 10 years ago. Tend to have a #3 all over which just about gives the impression of something up there.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Father at 63 has a full head of hair, my grandfather died at 97 with a full head.

However, its slaphead central for generations on my mother's side, so I could still be in for a bad one.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I was 21 when I first noticed it receding - got used to it going going gone years ago, so now not bothered about it all. Its a No 2 all over - where there is any left. Much cheaper than a poncy haircut sir with all the trimmings. Only problems are sunburn in the summer, and freezing ears in the winter - hats are for wussies.

Ms Cat prefers it cropped (and the hair).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here