Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevenage FC Fan here in peace

MarchForMitch

Jul 8, 2013
Hi all.

Stevenage fan here in peace.

A Brighton Fan on another forum said to post my story on your forum as it may get noticed more so here goes :)

Totally understand this has no direct relevance to Brighton but I'm just trying to reach out to as many football supporters as possible.

Just wanna promote a charity walk myself and 10 other Stevenage fans are doing in August in memory of our former player Mitchell Cole and raising money for his families chosen charity, the Cardiomyopathy Association or CMA for short. We are starting on a friday at Oxford Uniteds stadium and returning to the lamex stadium in Stevenage in time for kick off of our 1st home game of the 2013-14 season, Oldham at home on the 3rd of August. Roughly 65 miles in about 21 hours............................we think.........................we hope

When Mitchell passed in December last year obviously it was a total shock. Our club held a benefit game in his memory and it was great to see a fans from many clubs there showing their support.

We are wearing the shirts from the 11 football clubs Mitch represented during his career. They are Norwich, West Ham, Southend, Northampton, Grays, Stevenage, Oxford, Hitchin, Biggleswade, Arlseley and Stotfold. All shirts will have COLE 21 on the back (21 being Mitch's squad number at the Boro).

If anybody would like to make a donation to the CMA charity then please do so through the attached link.

www.justgiving.com/Terry-Peacock1

Good luck for the 2013-14 and thanks for your time and support

Kind regards

Terry

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Good luck with your walk. Hope you raise as much money as possible!
All the best for the season. Have a lot of time for Stevenage (the club).
Will contribute come payday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Is 21 hours long enough? Walking pace is around 3mph, but if you take toilet stops etc. into account you might be pushing it to make KO!

MarchForMitch

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks for the kind words about our club :)

Thanks nwgull for your kind donation.
We have been training for quite some time now and can walk 26 miles in 8 hours fairly comfortably, it will be close thats for sure but it always takes the Boro 15 minutes to settle into the game ;)

Kind regards

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There were two or three Stevenage fans who turned up for all three marches to the conferences at the Brighton centre.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
There were two or three Stevenage fans who turned up for all three marches to the conferences at the Brighton centre.

Yup.....I was one of the 2. But then I had dual supporting tendences whilst living for 30+ years in the area. Still had to support my 'home' club at it's hour of need.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Hope nobody trolls this thread. Best of luck

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Good luck guys, a great idea and I hope you raise not just more money but awareness and deserved goodwill, top effort lads.

MarchForMitch

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks all for your words of support and donations.

The message from Mrs North was very touching, we thank you.

All the best

MarchForMitch

Jul 8, 2013
Thanks Ninja.

Very good of you to donate and yes the story is very tragic, heart goes out to his young kids in particular.

All the best

MarchForMitch

Jul 8, 2013
Sorry for late reply Boroseagull. Thanksfor the donation :)

Hi all.

When I started this adventure I aimed to raise £210 but I'm just £700 short of a dream figure of £2100. Please if anybody else is financially able to donate the please do so.

Kind regards

Terry

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sorry for late reply Boroseagull. Thanksfor the donation :)

Hi all.

When I started this adventure I aimed to raise £210 but I'm just £700 short of a dream figure of £2100. Please if anybody else is financially able to donate the please do so.

Kind regards

Terry

Come payday, count me in.
Good luck for Friday!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here