Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tennis Courts in brighton

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
After watching wimbledon ive decided to get into it anyone reccomend somewhere relatively quiet and cheap/free courts in Brighton?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Can I be first in line to make a cheeky bid for your racket when you decide, around September time, that you've lost interest and want to flog your new gear? :)

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
East Brighton Park, near Btn Marina, not sure of cost though!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
We've been going to Preston park where it's 7.50 but they don't seem to police it very vigilantly ended up paying some times and others been there for an hour and not been asked at all.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Preston Park tennis courts are free before 10 everyday and free when the attendant decides to abandon their post early.

Other than that, the are about £7.50 per court for adults.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Dyke Road courts are in good nick, and are £7 for the court (not per hour) so you can stay as long as you like.

I've never not been able to get a court.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Hollingbury courts are never full. We've been the only people on them sometimes

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
Preston Park tennis courts are free before 10 everyday and free when the attendant decides to abandon their post early.

Same for the courts in St Ann's Well Gardens, Hove. Normally, they only charge you for an hour and let you play as long as you want, provided the courts are not all being used and people are waiting to play.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009

heard the attendants are pretty lax there BOF :thumbsup:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Same for the courts in St Ann's Well Gardens, Hove. Normally, they only charge you for an hour and let you play as long as you want, provided the courts are not all being used and people are waiting to play.

Forgot about them and same for Hove Park, I think. Not sure if Kingsway are being governed this year. Good to hear they used their nuts and didn't charge for over the hour.

I was a Preston Park attendant last year. Great summer job. The amount of attendants have diminished due to cut back. :-(

Jimmy Grimble

Haha. Now, maybe.

I think the LTA are taking them over soon, so no idea what they plan on doing with them.

Can't believe they've let those two bowling greens just turn into mini forests! They were fantastic for football!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Hollingbury courts are never full. We've been the only people on them sometimes
The ones up Ditchling Road? They're often full. I suppose it depends on the time. (There's a tennis club that meets up there). When I'm working at home I walk past them every day with the dogs.

Off topic a bit, but these prices seem a bit steep. No wonder 'poor' kids don't play and thus we (Britain) miss out on a lot of potential talent.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
In Worthing you will be lucky to get a tennis court available until September, a sea of foreign students inhabit them now.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Yeah, Wimbledon really has made a difference, I walked past the courts in Preston Park the other afternoon, guess what , all empty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here