Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone ever seen an alien or a UFO

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
Saw a frikkin mad UFO a few years back. Gigantic big orb through the clouds off the coast of Saltdean, at first I thought it was the moon on one of those nights where it is very close, until I realised I could see the moon in the sky to the west.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
There are loads in Croydon and they usually wear red and blue shirts.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I did in ET - The Extraterrestrial.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes. When I was little we were walking one Sunday through the woods north of Angmering and we saw strange bright lights hovering for a few seconds just above Clapham Woods on the other side of the A27. One of the lights elongated into a fat cigar shape then like a firework kind of exploded but not really very widely. The other lights just disappeared. All our family saw it and described the same thing.

No idea what it was, could have been Chinese lanterns but it added further to the scariness of Clapham Woods. Never been in and never will.

One thing I'm sure of though. If aliens do travel across galaxies to visit us then contrary to what Independence Day would have us believe, they'll probably have a firewall and up to date anti virus software.

Theatre of Trees

Jul 5, 2003
TQ2905
Yes. When I was little we were walking one Sunday through the woods north of Angmering and we saw strange bright lights hovering for a few seconds just above Clapham Woods on the other side of the A27. One of the lights elongated into a fat cigar shape then like a firework kind of exploded but not really very widely. The other lights just disappeared. All our family saw it and described the same thing.

No idea what it was, could have been Chinese lanterns but it added further to the scariness of Clapham Woods. Never been in and never will.

One thing I'm sure of though. If aliens do travel across galaxies to visit us then contrary to what Independence Day would have us believe, they'll probably have a firewall and up to date anti virus software.

Clapham Woods Apparently popular with Ufologists and witch hunters

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
Going back a long time, when I lived I Greenford in Middlesex I went out with my Dad for a walk on a hot summers evening, when we returned my Mother who had been sitting in the garden said she saw a large bright disc in the sky. At that moment two American Air Force jets took off from Northolt Airport, which was then a USAF base and headed straight towards the disc. As soon as the aircraft got too close the disc shot away at fantastic speed and disappeared. The jets returned to base.
ps My Mother did not drink!!!!

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Anyone ever seen an alien or a UFO?

If you mean stuff from a distant planet then no, no one has ....... and nobody ever will ....... disappointing but true.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
That it is. Never been there before but would love to visit. Few people went missing then turned up dead back about 30 odd years back.

And Satanic cults from the 70's onwards I believe, there was a book made about it and was quite unnerving and fascinating at the same time. When I lived in Lancing I used to have a walk through there, no birds were singing and didn't see any animals. In the book it mentions the building next to the Church that had a mural of the devil painted on one of the walls.

EDIT: Found it - "The Demonic Connection" - good book!

Also this is interesting, some background to Clapham woods: http://sjhstrangetales.com/places/sb4.htm

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Precisely why I'm never setting foot in that Woods. My grandad was never the type for histrionics, his was the old school attitude that there's a simple explanation for everything but even he said that place gave him the willies and the Woods always seemed to be in a bad mood.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Anyone ever seen an alien or a UFO?

If you mean stuff from a distant planet then no, no one has ....... and nobody ever will ....... disappointing but true.

The problem with saying that you definitely saw an alien spaceship is that it would be unjustifiably certain.

Your assertion has exactly the same problem.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here