Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winifred Zaha enjoying life in Manchester

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
What are those bra's that I've seen players wearing during pre-season?

GPS/heart rate monitors. They track how far and fast each player runs during a training session and also their heart rate.

If you follow Rugby Union, you may have noticed that Premiership and International teams now have small GPS units sewn into the back of each player's shirt. At the end of each match the players performance is evaluated by the sports science stattos. By all accounts, players have been bollocked by coaching staff for not running at their 'theoretical maximum' speed often enough, or for generally not playing to their full capacity, even if they have had a fantastic game.

Getting back to football, I think we will see this spread beyond training to actually being used in games over the next few years. After all, it is useful for a manager to know which of his players is most knackered when making a substitution decision.

EDIT Under Armour have previously mentioned that they are able to embed this technology into player shirts: The Telegraph: Tottenham Hotspur's new shirts could show how tired players are

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
GPS/heart rate monitors. They track how far and fast each player runs during a training session and also their heart rate.

If you follow Rugby Union, you may have noticed that Premiership and International teams now have small GPS units sewn into the back of each player's shirt. At the end of each match the players performance is evaluated by the sports science stattos. By all accounts, players have been bollocked by coaching staff for not running at their 'theoretical maximum' speed often enough, or for generally not playing to their full capacity, even if they have had a fantastic game.

Getting back to football, I think we will see this spread beyond training to actually being used in games over the next few years. After all, it is useful for a manager to know which of his players is most knackered when making a substitution decision.

EDIT Under Armour have previously mentioned that they are able to embed this technology into player shirts: The Telegraph: Tottenham Hotspur's new shirts could show how tired players are

Imagine them getting Dobbie's back after the Charlton game: "Is this thing on?" :lolol:

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here