Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you feeling positive about the new season ahead?

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
I know its early days but Im feeling less confident about this season than I did last. I think once we get some clarity on some new players coming I will feel a lot more confident. At the moment I think we maybe staring at a mid table finish, obviously I hope I'm wrong. Upson/ David uncertainty , losing Bridge no Vicente. Just feel the squad looks a lot weaker AT the moment. What are your thoughts?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
We have Ulloa from thr start. I think this almost makes up for what we lost... AND we WILL sign players, as we always do. So yes im perfectly confident.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
We'll be fine.
I think we can make at least the playoffs again..........maybe even better

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
We have Ulloa from thr start. I think this almost makes up for what we lost... AND we WILL sign players, as we always do. So yes im perfectly confident.

Ulloa + match fitness + a more direct and attacking slant on the 4-3-3 = goals goals goals

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I am feeling positive. The appointment of Oscar Garcia excites me. I'm not expecting instant success as we completely swept away the old regime and the new one will take a while to settle down. However it looks like the technical style of football will remain and I feel we can only progress playing this way.

The resigning of El-Abd and the apparent success of the Shorey trial makes me less concerned about the defence although more quality will need to be added here. The prospect of CMS getting a new lease of life under a new manager is also intriguing.

I think whilst the squad lacks the depth we would like, it is solid enough to do ok to begin with, if we can build on it a little more then things could really be looking up.

I expect this division to be even more competitive than usual without a runaway leader. It should be a cracking season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've lost my Albion mojo with all the goings on recently, but did enjoy the friendly at Whitehawk. Hopefully when everything has settled down, we hear from Oscar, and sign some players, it will return. At the moment, I feel meh.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Very happy that poyet has gone:) Love my seat:) league position not a big factor but a bonus if we made playoffs again:thumbsup: i think poyet would have struggled to get top 6 this season but we will never know.???

What seat? You told us you'd given up your season ticket!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
We will hear from Oscar soon I have no doubt and some new players will arrive

Be calm people

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
To be honest, I want to feel confident,but as things stand now we are WEAKER than last year. I just need to see the club means business with some decent signings as supposedly we have similar budget to last year..

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Looking forward to seeing how Oscar and his new crew does. Squad stength and depth is a concern at the moment but plenty of time to sort that out. Main worry if left back but anything after Bridge went was likely to be a downgrade

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Even at Gillingham I looked forward to the new season....optimism abound....everyone must have a dream...and if you don't have a dream how do you expect a dream to come true.....hang on.....heard that somewhere else...??

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not yet. The season is too far away, transfer deals are not complete. At the moment I'm feeling 'eh, lets just enjoy the rest of summer for now, there's time to think about our prospects later'.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Very. Already prepared for a slow start to the season just in case, but reckon we'll be flying.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Until I see who's coming in I will remain excited but with limited expectations of challenging for the top 6.

I am very optimistic that we have a good coach though just based on his background, although that guarantees zilch.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not just yet but I'm hopeful I will!

Been worried about the regular use of FFP in Barber's communications and the lack of signings. Ask again in 3 weeks but if what we have now is what we start the season with we'll struggle for sure. But that's unlikely and hoping for a minimum of LB (Shorey looks set) CB (I think we need more than the Greer/El Abd combo) and at least one CM (with a bit of pace)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here