Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Could you envisage Poyet's time at the Albion being the zenith of his managerial career?

Could Poyet's time at the Albion be the zenith of his managerial career?

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Controversial maybe but how do YOU see Poyet's career in England going once the dust has settled?

Last edited:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Where's the 'Frankly, who cares' option!?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Not sure, but i would be amazed if he got carte blanche to do everything his way anywhere else quite so easily as he did with us...

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think he will eventually have a run with a middle of the road Prem team. But whether he will get Chelsea/Spuds/Zaragoza is another matter.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think he will eventually have a run with a middle of the road Prem team. But whether he will get Chelsea/Spuds/Zaragoza is another matter.

Would "having a run" really be better than what he achieved here? Unless he can impose his style on a team with some success I'm not sure that managing a struggling Premier League team could be seen as an improvement on the panache he brought to the Albion.

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
All the time he can't change tactics mid game, he's not getting a decent job in England. He'll have to go and prove himself at another Championship or League One club IMO before any respectable Premiership side gives him a chance.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He'll join Palace when they sack Holloway in November, and his fall will be complete.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
He will get a prem job, but what represents success???..Wherever he goes, I will give him 18 mths tops, if he is lucky. He will spend a shed load of money and fall out with the star names. Poyet has to be the main man and just how many clubs are there in the prem, where the manager is the star attraction???....Two maybe, Arsenal & Chelsea..........he will never manage a top four side in this country.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think he'll get a middling Prem job in the Autumn, do Ok, then get a job in Spain or South America.

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Where's the 'Frankly, who cares' option!?
You utter misery. Regardless what has happened, regardless how you fell about the man... he's done wonders for us. Perhaps yes its time for him to move on but 'Frankly, who cares'... sod off, that's wrong

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
We'll need a Zenith Data System to stay up to date over the validity of this possibility.

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
I think his sacking may prove to be his nadir. He'll come back stronger for it I reckon. How long that will take though will be the interesting point I think.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
His future success, or otherwise, will depend entirely on whether he is able to learn from his mistakes. As things stand the management template he offers clubs has some significant fault lines. Can he learn and change?

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dunno. Alan Mullery and Micky Adams were both tipped for big things because of what they did at Brighton but neither did. Maybe Poyet has an advantage being foreign and thus has an edge on 'traditional' (i.e. neanderthal) British coaches, but with managers, like at all levels of professional football, far more fail than succeed.

IF he learns from his mistakes I think he's got a good chance. I remember Gordon Strachan (better than Mullery or Adams but another manager who never quite made the top) saying that he was a better manager when Coventry sacked him than when they employed him. If Poyet has that level of self-awareness there's hope for him yet, but it's not a 'gimme'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here