Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Heads up for Amex Card Holders

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Looks like the club are part of Amex Shop Small for July - www.amexshopsmall.co.uk - I wasn't aware, but had signed up all my Amex cards (Amex direct, Lloyds and MBNA all part of it) and got an email straight after purchasing my Newport County ticket - so nice little bonus there. Not sure if this works on club shop purchases too, but don't see why not.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
The ticketing website didn't seem to want to except my AMEX card details :angry:
Anyway, isn't it about time AMEX brought out a special credit card for BHAFC STHs with 10% cashback or something :moo:

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
The ticketing website didn't seem to want to except my AMEX card details :angry:
Anyway, isn't it about time AMEX brought out a special credit card for BHAFC STHs with 10% cashback or something :moo:

I'll suggest it to big ken when I see him next

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Nor mine. Really quite annoying.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
They did not accept mine, however I have a pending transaction and an email from Shop Small. I'm going to call this morning to clarify anyway.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Club weren't aware of it, but are looking at this now. They managed to replicate it using my details.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Club weren't aware of it, but are looking at this now. They managed to replicate it using my details.

The deal is set up by Amex and is an automatic credit, most merchants aren't aware they are part of the deal.

Love the shop-small pub crawl.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The deal is set up by Amex and is an automatic credit, most merchants aren't aware they are part of the deal.

Love the shop-small pub crawl.

Sorry I meant aware that the website was not able to process Amex cards successfully for the last 2 days

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The Amex T&C's, from the OP's link above say only valid for instore transactions and not valid for any internet transactions.

Well my £5 credit for the Newport tickets was received today.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I haven't tried this yet but unless I'm mistaken can I just add £10 a day to my e-cash card using my Amex CC for 10 days and therefore get a £50 credit. Add in the 10% discount you get when using the card and even the 200 nectar points I get when topping up, (worth another £1), I'm getting £100 of expenditure for a mere £39, (£100 - £50 - £10 -£1 = £61 discount).

If I'm right that should bring down the price of a pint to under £2. Happy days. :)

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
I haven't tried this yet but unless I'm mistaken can I just add £10 a day to my e-cash card using my Amex CC for 10 days and therefore get a £50 credit. Add in the 10% discount you get when using the card and even the 200 nectar points I get when topping up, (worth another £1), I'm getting £100 of expenditure for a mere £39, (£100 - £50 - £10 -£1 = £61 discount).

If I'm right that should bring down the price of a pint to under £2. Happy days. :)

You only get it once per retailer, according to the Ts & Cs. But let me know if you find out otherwise :)

BHAZiggy

Pedant
Jan 12, 2011
Hastings
I've never even considered Amex because hardly anyone accepts it due to their massive fees to the retailers.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
You only get it once per retailer, according to the Ts & Cs. But let me know if you find out otherwise :)

Having looked again I think your right, :tantrum:. Oh well it was a nice thought. I see that it says on-line transactions are excluded as well so the best I can hope for is £5 if I top up at the Amex. Thought it must be too good to be true.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
I've never even considered Amex because hardly anyone accepts it due to their massive fees to the retailers.

Depends how you use it I suppose. All the supermarkets, petrol stations and hotels accept it, as well as a load of on-line retailers and of course the Amex.

I usually manage to rack up over a grand per month on my Amex card and only have to use a mastercard for perhaps a hundred or two, so it works ok for me.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

That's a myth.

It's very rarely that I can't use my Amex and, for those occasions, my card issuer gives me a paired Visa card.

It's well worth it in my opinion - I saved over £3000 on flights this Summer through miles acquired solely through Amex spending, and I have a bucket load of miles for future use too.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here