Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Membership Scheme is premature...

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
First things first, where is it on the Seagulls website? Had to call the ticketline, and its under the news section (greater than 5 days old)

If I am understand it correctly you now need to fork out £20 just to buy a ticket, plus match prices up up double inflation? If we were selling out every game in the Premiership I could see the point of such a scheme. But we're not there yet. So much for taking friends and family along to the odd game to try and spread the word of how fab the Amex is. Unless I have completely misunderstood something, this is at best poorly thought out, at worst arrogant...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
No you have to pay to get first chance at a ticket, if they don't sell out you can buy one - if you go to a cat C match it is cheaper than last year as well

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
No you have to pay to get first chance at a ticket, if they don't sell out you can buy one - if you go to a cat C match it is cheaper than last year as well

So if you can still buy on general sale without a blue membership?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Tried to get Newport tickets today, was told I needed a membership if I wanted to buy before Thursday......told the polite lad that I'd wait 'til Thursday.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
So here I am on 250 points, and along comes some guy and pays £20 quid and jumps the queue, unless I pay £20. I really couldn't see much wrong with the loyalty points scheme as it was. This is purely a scheme to extract another £20 from supporters, I have no plans to participate as every game for now will go on general sale at some point anyway.

I guess the clubs future plan is, get in the Premiership and everyone needs membership just a buy a ticket. Football is gradually eating itself in this country...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Can't see the point of the loyalty point system now, surely these membership schemes render it useless.

Not really due to the extraordinary amount of STH's we have. STH's who attend cup games and away matches must get priority over those who just go to the league games, therefore the points systems puts them ahead of others within the same scheme

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I stopped my season ticket (and my son's) because I couldn't get to enough matches. My two other sons are now old enough to go, so I need four seats in a row when I attend, and I only go East Stand to avoid bad language (doesn't work that well though!). I've paid for blue membership for me and for three Young Seagulls Memberships (£50 in all), despite two of us having well over 1000 loyalty points. I'm taking a gamble with this £50 - it may not make much difference to my chances of getting the seats I need because on many occasions I've found that the online offering is not the same as the telephone offering. At the moment, the ability to buy tickets before everyone else is online only. I think this will change, but I'd rather have the extra flexibility that they offer by phone. Either this, or they should harmonise the two so that the offering is the same - maybe they are the same now, but they didn't seem to be last season. Either way, I'm £50 down on last season as I was able to get the tickets I wanted by ringing up as soon as the tickets went on sale. We'll have to see how it goes, but ultimately it may be difficult for me to assess whether I've spent my money wisely or not.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I stopped my season ticket (and my son's) because I couldn't get to enough matches. My two other sons are now old enough to go, so I need four seats in a row when I attend, and I only go East Stand to avoid bad language (doesn't work that well though!). I've paid for blue membership for me and for three Young Seagulls Memberships (£50 in all), despite two of us having well over 1000 loyalty points. I'm taking a gamble with this £50 - it may not make much difference to my chances of getting the seats I need because on many occasions I've found that the online offering is not the same as the telephone offering. At the moment, the ability to buy tickets before everyone else is online only. I think this will change, but I'd rather have the extra flexibility that they offer by phone. Either this, or they should harmonise the two so that the offering is the same - maybe they are the same now, but they didn't seem to be last season. Either way, I'm £50 down on last season as I was able to get the tickets I wanted by ringing up as soon as the tickets went on sale. We'll have to see how it goes, but ultimately it may be difficult for me to assess whether I've spent my money wisely or not.

So you 1000 points count for nothing unless you become a blue member, doesn't seem like reward for loyalty to me..

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
So you 1000 points count for nothing unless you become a blue member, doesn't seem like reward for loyalty to me..

Surely when the points are adjusted he will lose the 1,000 points as there are no STH's anymore and be left with half of the balance

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
Surely when the points are adjusted he will lose the 1,000 points as there are no STH's anymore and be left with half of the balance

Just checked - I have 1015 points. Seems lower than it was, but that may just be my memory - do you lose points when you cancel your ST?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just checked - I have 1015 points. Seems lower than it was, but that may just be my memory - do you lose points when you cancel your ST?

1,000 points = a Season Ticket - if you don't have a season ticket you don't get the 1,000 points, just half of what you accrue during the season carried forward to the next

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Not really due to the extraordinary amount of STH's we have. STH's who attend cup games and away matches must get priority over those who just go to the league games, therefore the points systems puts them ahead of others within the same scheme
In my case it does. I'm not a season ticket holder, I live too far away for this to be a realistic option, but I have managed to get myself up to about 150 loyalty points. Now a supporter who pays £20 can leapfrog me in the queue even though he may only ever go and watch us once, how is that right?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here