Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dean Wilkins to Reading

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adkins takes him as a coach. Good job for him, they'll be close.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
Good for him. Puts an end to the vague rumour on here that he might be involved in out Dev Squad.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
I am half-expecting Reading to steamroller the Championship this season. I guess I'm not the only one.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
There's the Blackburn way of doing things, i.e. spunk £8 million on Jordan Rhodes and cross your fingers, or there's the Reading way of doing things which is to bring in proven performers that you can afford. There's much to admire about the way they run that club.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I'm sure Wendy was at Southampton when Adkins was manager there. Andy Crosby,too.

Then all this talk (rumours I know) about them being after our best players.

I do have to ask myself if they realise that there are other towns and football clubs apart from Reading and Brighton.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Billy Sharp off there too

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Great stuff. Deano deserves it. Nice fella.

Jan 14, 2008
Windsor ontario
Mate of mine did his UEFA B license with him....said he was the best coach there and the only one who offered to help him ....there were a load of pro's there who were complete wankers apparently

Hes a top man !

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Agree. I've always found him a top bloke. Good luck to him. I hear they're trying to change the playing style there, so there mey be teething troubles, but they'll be in the top two at the end I reckon. They've got the best left back in the league anyway ...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Always found him quite impressive on so many levels on the few times I have met him.

Sometimes too casually derided by some even after a 20 year span of being a Brighton player, coach and manager.

Always feel we are missing a trick when I see him again recruited by another club, arguably with a current higher status than ourselves.

Good luck to him.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Top bloke and did a great job for us as boss - building two play-off challenging teams in the same season. Good to see he's back in business.

D

Deleted member 2719

I spoke to a Saints insider!! over a month ago and he said Dean would be going to reading.

Good luck to him he should still have been a manager,he was a golden nugget and he was Brighton, just about more than any other Player/coach and then Knight lost his marbles and ditched him, one of the biggest ever cock ups in our club for years IMO.

It's of my opinion he could have developed into our Fergie or Wenger.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I thought his career was horrifically and cruelly ended a couple of years back?

Common mistake. This one is a different Billy Sharp. The other one is sadly wheelchair-bound, and living in assisted accommodation in Totnes.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Common mistake. This one is a different Billy Sharp. The other one is sadly wheelchair-bound, and living in assisted accommodation in Totnes.

There are a lot of those spiritual-healer types in Totnes. Maybe they helped the recovery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here