Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tablet Advice

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Hi guys & girls, I currently use a Samsung 10.1 tablet for t'internet using wifi and when I go onto the homepage of some websites it takes me to their mobile version. I realise that if you scroll down, that there is sometimes a link to their full site but not always. I have for some time been wondering if I can make some changes in the settings on my tablet to take me straight to their full sites. Any advice on if this can be done would be much appreciated.Thanks in advance.

jgmcdee

Mar 25, 2012
If you have rooted your tablet you can use the Chrome UA switcher to pretend that you're on a desktop rather than a tablet. There might be some third-party web browsers that allow you to do this without root but I'm afraid I don't know of any.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
What's wrong with the mobile versions? They are specially designed to be more user friendly with mobiles (duh) and IMO are a lot better... Unless it's Southernrail. That's the only mobile site I've come across that sucks.

Eksman

Aug 9, 2012
On the toilet
What's wrong with the mobile versions? They are specially designed to be more user friendly with mobiles (duh) and IMO are a lot better... Unless it's Southernrail. That's the only mobile site I've come across that sucks.

Its not a mobile phone though. The website thinks his tablet is a phone so he has minimal amounts of website on there but like me, I use my ipad just like I would a laptop and want to view sites how a lapto would see them. Have you seen the clubs website on a mobile version? It's shite

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
If you have rooted your tablet you can use the Chrome UA switcher to pretend that you're on a desktop rather than a tablet. There might be some third-party web browsers that allow you to do this without root but I'm afraid I don't know of any.

Thanks. I will look into that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here