Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] Kuszczak Pleased with Progress

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
kuszczak-8.7.13-lead229-900474_478x359.jpg

PUBLISHED
09:00 8th July 2013
Tomasz Kuszczak was delighted to get pre-season off to a winning start at Whitehawk.
The Albion keeper played the opening half hour against the Conference South newcomers – where goals from Solly March, Ashley Barnes and Andrea Orlandi secured a 3-0 win.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It’s nice to be back and to win the match, but these games are all about working hard on your fitness, both physically and mentally, after our holidays.
“Obviously the level of competition is not what we’re used to, with Whitehawk coming from the lower leagues, but it was a good game and a chance to get back to normal on the pitch.
“The result is not that important, but you still don’t want to embarrass yourself in these games and you have to work hard. We made a good start, scored a couple of good goals, and it was nice to see a big crowd watching our first game. Now we look forward to the rest of our pre-season games.”
Given the new season kicks off on August 3, the players have already been back a couple of weeks, and the Pole has enjoyed the sessions already laid on by new head coach Oscar Garcia.
“There’s a good atmosphere in the camp. From day one we started with the balls, playing a lot of possession games which is a little bit different from last year, where we ran more in the first week or two.
“This time we haven’t run that much, which I like and is something I had been used during my time in England. It suits me as the keepers are always involved but all the players they will tell you that as soon as we get the ball at our feet we are happy!

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here