Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So that's why Oscar is keeping Schtum...

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
Nice proof reading of the article:
'Garcia smiled, signed autographs and looked content after he side beat the Conference south new boys 3-0'

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
wonder if that also means we wont hear about any signings until after the appeal is finished?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I think the problem centres around roles. OSCAR is not called a manager as that is the role Gus is currently employed as. No doubt that role includes speaking to media, managing the side.

OSCAR is a coach and as such his role allows him to train the players etc. So as to not allow Gus to say look OSCAR is speaking with the media, he has taken over my role etc, OSCAR is saying nothing.

As far as bringing in players, the club can say thats David Burkes responsibility and always has been. So I cant see a problem in bringing in new players.

wonder if that also means we wont hear about any signings until after the appeal is finished?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
What the hell could he say that would affect what is going on with Gus. Being an intelligent chap he wouldn't even go there. GCHQ at work here.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I thought it was something like that, still damn frustrating though.......countdown to Gus departure starts here then....any guesses when the three weeks is actually up?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Because if he starts acting as "manager", that us what he will be perceived as legally - substance over form.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I thought it was something like that, still damn frustrating though.......countdown to Gus departure starts here then....any guesses when the three weeks is actually up?

Was it 2 weeks last Sunday that he was informed? So I guess 3 weeks is up this coming Sunday.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Was it 2 weeks last Sunday that he was informed? So I guess 3 weeks is up this coming Sunday.

That's what I was thinking. I'm sure we had more photos of the players training last year as well, do you think they've stopped doing that as well? I just hope Gus doesn't appeal so we can move on, although I guess we would have heard if he has by now? If he hasn't and is intending to, why wait?

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset

I wonder if the BBC will have a special MOTD programme with Gus as guest, especially to hand him a bit of paper sent directly from Bloom with just two words written on it.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Gus wont appeal until the last day, if he is going to do it, i think he will drag it out for as long as possible.

Nothing has happened during this whole process to make me think otherwise. It is a real pain but nothing we can do now.

We have up until 31 Aug to sign players so still plenty of time, however I'm sure we would all prefer to have our team together by then, but I doubt that will be the case.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Gus wont appeal until the last day, if he is going to do it, i think he will drag it out for as long as possible.

...showing perhaps, exactly what kind of person he really is......self self self

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
That's what I was thinking. I'm sure we had more photos of the players training last year as well, do you think they've stopped doing that as well? I just hope Gus doesn't appeal so we can move on, although I guess we would have heard if he has by now? If he hasn't and is intending to, why wait?

Nothing has happened during this whole process to make me think otherwise. It is a real pain but nothing we can do now.

We have up until 31 Aug to sign players so still plenty of time, however I'm sure we would all prefer to have our team together by then, but I doubt that will be the case.

Maybe I have got this wrong, but I thought that Poyet had 7 days in which to appeal, so now club announces that procedures are ongoing, has already been lodged?

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Maybe I have got this wrong, but I thought that Poyet had 7 days in which to appeal, so now club announces that procedures are ongoing, has already been lodged?

I thought he had 7 days to appeal, then 3 weeks for the appeal process, so if he appealed straight away, as he indicated, then it should be done within the week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here