Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Latvian striker on trial - according to Sky Sports

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Brighton & Hove Albion have taken Latvian international striker Deniss Rakels on trial.

The 21-year-old is currently playing in Poland for Zagebie Lubin, although he has spent the last two seasons on loan at second tier GKS Katowice - where he has impressed.

He finished last season with 11 goals and now he is being given the chance to earn a move to Brighton, if he impresses head coach Oscar Garcia.

"The offer that came up is satisfying for us and him, so we accepted the invitation from Brighton," Lubin sporting director Pawel Wojtala confirmed.

"He will spend one week there, play a friendly and then they will decide."

Should Rakels do enough to earn a move, he would become the second Latvian in the squad with compatriot Vitalijs Maksimenko already with the South Coast outfit.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Isnt Pawel Wojtyla the real name of Pope John Paul II?

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Not the most inspiring....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
He scored 27 in 40 games in the top tier of Latvian football (the top scorer that season), and 16 in 47 on loan to the second tier. Not sure how many of those are sub appearances though.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Plus also we have Ulloa, CMS, Barnes, Hoskins and Barker. Is there a need for another striker??

Put the resources towards LB, CB and attacking midfielder.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Not the most inspiring....

Wiki:
Even more - he scored in nearly every appearance. In fact, just after a few appearances Deniss had already completed 2 league hat-tricks. His technique and footballing skills impressed many coaches all around the world, despite him being just 18.

He's fast. In fact it's SAFE to call him the Latvian Michael Owen.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
This will be more of an addition for 'The Development Squad' I think you will find.

Expect the Gus situation to be sorted within the next 7-10 days and once that's done and dusted expect more movement in terms of transfers in.

Operation 'low profile' at the moment.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Wiki:
Even more - he scored in nearly every appearance. In fact, just after a few appearances Deniss had already completed 2 league hat-tricks. His technique and footballing skills impressed many coaches all around the world, despite him being just 18.

He's fast. In fact it's SAFE to call him the Latvian Michael Owen.

You never know, he could turn out to be our version of Matej Vydra.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
I'm guessing a dev team player as we only have dev team friendlies scheduled in the next seven days ???

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
He's on trial! Relax, if he impresses he will go on tour so we get a prolonged period to look at him. Expect him to play against Hastings.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Plus also we have Ulloa, CMS, Barnes, Hoskins and Barker. Is there a need for another striker??

Put the resources towards LB, CB and attacking midfielder.

As if the club aren't doing that as well?

Give them a call, it's probably slipped their collective mind.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here