Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What world event.....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The Queen taking over.

After spending about 5' Googling I am dissappointed to report that absolutely naff all of note happened on the day of my birth 7/3/1959. It gets worse, no one even vaguely famous shares my exact birthdate, for the same birthday I can claim Captain Cook, Rik Mayall, Rachel Weizz and Ivan Lendl, plus a young lady by the name of Chelsea Charms who probably stars in "special films" by the look of her pic. but sadly has not seen her feet for many years.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
After spending about 5' Googling I am dissappointed to report that absolutely naff all of note happened on the day of my birth 7/3/1959. It gets worse, no one even vaguely famous shares my exact birthdate, for the same birthday I can claim Captain Cook, Rik Mayall, Rachel Weizz and Ivan Lendl, plus a young lady by the name of Chelsea Charms who probably stars in "special films" by the look of her pic. but sadly has not seen her feet for many years.

Don't despair....Albion beat Scunthorpe 2-1 that day at home.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Best I can do is that this was number one ( hardly a world event though ! ) :

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Valery Bykovsky was launched into orbit by the Soviet Union on board Vostok 5. Bykovsky would spend almost five days in space, breaking the record recently set by American astronaut Gordon Cooper, and making 82 orbits before returning on June 19, at the same time as Vostok 6 and Valentina Tereshkova.

martin-king-shot.jpg

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Don't need Youtube to know that England beat Argentina 1-0 in the World Cup Quarter Finals, going on to lift the trophy one week later. This is almost certainly the only time in my lifetime that this will happen!

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
I was born on my birthday and my mum and dad turned out to be my parents, fancy that!

footychick

Nicola
Dec 8, 2005
Soham, United Kingdom
16/09/74
U.S. 1974 U.S.A. Amnesty For Vietnam Draft Dodgers 16th Sept. 1974 : President Ford has announced an amnesty program for Vietnam War deserters and draft evaders, just in Canada during the Vietnam war there were between 30,000–90,000 Americans seeking asylum from fighting in the war.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Jan 25, 1961:
Kennedy holds first live television news conference..... whoopy do

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here