Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Went on a stadium tour today.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
The tour was great, but one thing i've got to ask is how frigging low is that wall at the front of wsu? :eek:

No. 25

Aug 25, 2012
I agree.

Sat up there for a cup match last season and couldnt believe how low it was. If i sat in the front row I would not be able to celebrate the way i celebrated some goals last season for fear of ending up in someones lap in WSL!

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I agree.

Sat up there for a cup match last season and couldnt believe how low it was. If i sat in the front row I would not be able to celebrate the way i celebrated some goals last season for fear of ending up in someones lap in WSL!

It was below my waist, it would have prob been that 3rd goal against palace and i would have been over. thankgod i went for nsl.

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
We went on a tour last week and I thought exactly the same thing!

Horrible height to watch a game from IMHO but then again I can't even cope if I am at the theatre in balcony seats. I am such a wuss for heights these days! Glad we sit in the WSL.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Not as steep as the national stadium in Cardiff though, that seemed more dangerous to me.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
My seat is in WSU. The first time I went there I thought, this is too high up, I'm going to have to change this. Now, I would not want to go anywhere else. Climbing the stairs keeps me fit too!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Make you thirsty straight to the Harvey bar that worth the climb to the WSU from the south end less steps to go up.:drink::p

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I thought exactly the same when I went up there for the first time and, not being a massive fan of heights, I was concerned about my seat which is WSU Row A.

However, I can't say I even notice it now and don't think I did after my first or second game up there. My celebrations are never muted and I wouldn't swap my seat for any other one.

D

Deleted member 22389

Heading there is August. Looking forward to searching the museum for any reference to OG

Well worth the money. Went on the tour last year, I was blown away with the facilities.
Last week I went in to Dicks Bar for the first time, that sounds wrong lol

Went with my wife. Didn't realise that it overlooked the club shop.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Did a tour of White Hart Lane once and was amazed how low the wall overlooking the player's tunnel was. Scary or what?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
We went on a tour last week and I thought exactly the same thing!

Horrible height to watch a game from IMHO but then again I can't even cope if I am at the theatre in balcony seats. I am such a wuss for heights these days! Glad we sit in the WSL.

We're you on the 3 o clock Sunday afternoon tour ?

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
My seat is in WSU. The first time I went there I thought, this is too high up, I'm going to have to change this. Now, I would not want to go anywhere else. Climbing the stairs keeps me fit too!

This. My seat is in the front row so I have frequent experience of that low wall. I have to admit I'm surprised it is as low as it is. I'm glad in one sense as it keeps the view clear and I absolutely love watching football from up there, but i must admit when we score key goals I have to temper my celebrations somewhat!

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Heading there is August. Looking forward to searching the museum for any reference to OG

Went a few years ago and even my wife enjoyed the visit but would not go to the very top to the press seats.
Fantastic stadium. Also enjoyed the tour of the Bayen Munich ground liked the escalators and Standing areas!!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here