Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Andrew Crofts

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Granted, I will look silly if he is transferred to Shrewsbury Town for £100,000 next week, but I think that we will see much better from Andrew Crofts in an Albion shirt next season.

Last season, he was plagued by injury and, when fit, Gus played him as a defensive midfielder, which is not his natural game.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i cant see a man of barcelona going for a strong-slow-solid-big-tackling-zero-flair-workhorse to boss the middle of the park.

squad player....no more....save for winter away games.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Granted, I will look silly if he is transferred to Shrewsbury Town for £100,000 next week, but I think that we will see much better from Andrew Crofts in an Albion shirt next season.

Last season, he was plagued by injury and, when fit, Gus played him as a defensive midfielder, which is not his natural game.

What is his natural game though? I'd say it was as a relatively defensive workhorse, as he's not a creative player and doesn't chip in with many goals.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
What is his natural game though? I'd say it was as a relatively defensive workhorse, as he's not a creative player and doesn't chip in with many goals.

Finished a fair few chances from midfield for us in League One?

Best described as an all round, box to box midfielder. Could offer a lot in a three man midfield, paired with a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder...

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Like CMS, I think he is an old fashioned 4-4-2 player. I like Crofts for his work ethic and determination but as a footballer, I question his role in our squad.

He has work to do I should think, to prove to Grumpycat, I mean Oscar, that he can be a key player for us.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Finished a fair few chances from midfield for us in League One?

Best described as an all round, box to box midfielder. Could offer a lot in a three man midfield, paired with a defensive midfielder and an attacking midfielder...

His ratio is about 2/3 goals a season. About the same as a Gary Dicker or Dean Hammond.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Gus would even play Messi in the defensive midfield role.

Seaber

Oct 20, 2010
Wales
At the moment he is (probably) in out first choice midfield three, assuming Oscar plays this way.
Crofts - Bridcutt - Orlandi

However, I think his position is most likely out of the three to be usurped, either by JFC or March, or a new signing. I like Crofts, but I think he may see most of next season on the bench.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
At the moment he is (probably) in out first choice midfield three, assuming Oscar plays this way.
Crofts - Bridcutt - Orlandi

However, I think his position is most likely out of the three to be usurped, either by JFC or March, or a new signing. I like Crofts, but I think he may see most of next season on the bench.

March is a winger? I agree though, and expect us to bring in another midfielder (be it David or A.N. Other) that will be a first team playmaker.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
Without Hammond to wonder around I think Crofty will bring the goods, not scared of a tackle, runs all day, seems stay quite central up and down the pitch.
If he can stay fit he can really keep the oppo midfield under pressure.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry but based on his performances since rejoining us I cannot see Crofts having much impact on the first team, only possibly on the bench or in unimportant cup games

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Bloody hope so. Him or JFC for the CM in Oscar's DM,CM,AM central midfield. He used to be box to box but didn't show it since his return really.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I guess it’s too early to say “I told you so”.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
i cant see a man of barcelona going for a strong-slow-solid-big-tackling-zero-flair-workhorse to boss the middle of the park.

squad player....no more....save for winter away games.

Busquets? Mascherono?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here