Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Camping Sites

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am looking to book a few days away with the trailer tent in either Dorset or East Devon but the prices being quoted re quite high in excess of £28 per night. The one we usually use in Verwood is fully booked, probably due to the price. Does any body have any suggestions of sites at under £20 per night or thereabouts but must have electric hook up.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Stayed here a couple of years ago just above charmouth, east Devon
Very nice with fishing lake, right on the Jurassic coastline

http://www.woodfarm.co.uk/

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I am looking to book a few days away with the trailer tent in either Dorset or East Devon but the prices being quoted re quite high in excess of £28 per night. The one we usually use in Verwood is fully booked, probably due to the price. Does any body have any suggestions of sites at under £20 per night or thereabouts but must have electric hook up.

Must keep up to date on those football rumours.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
This site is the dogs. It's still only mid season there as well. Need to go round the corner and down a bit as these prices haven't gone up since last year.

http://www.higherrew.co.uk/prices1.html

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
This site is the dogs. It's still only mid season there as well. Need to go round the corner and down a bit as these prices haven't gone up since last year.

http://www.higherrew.co.uk/prices1.html

That looks good but is a little too far away to allow brother in law to come back for 2 nights work and me to come back for the match vs Millwall. I am not too fussed about the site facilities provided it has toilets/shower electric hook up and is within easy walking distance of a village or pub.

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Here is a completely useless suggestion given your electric hookup requirements but East Prawle village in South Devon has 2 or 3 basic campsites with just cold water and basic toilet facilities BUT the Pig's Nose pub in the village is a place to behold. I think the landlord used to be a roadie for The Who or suchlike but he is as mad as a box of frogs,you can get a shower in the pub. Worth a look if you're in the area even if you don't stay in the village.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Here is a completely useless suggestion given your electric hookup requirements but East Prawle village in South Devon has 2 or 3 basic campsites with just cold water and basic toilet facilities BUT the Pig's Nose pub in the village is a place to behold. I think the landlord used to be a roadie for The Who or suchlike but he is as mad as a box of frogs,you can get a shower in the pub. Worth a look if you're in the area even if you don't stay in the village.

outsidepub.jpg Looks like a fun pub. End of the month I shall be at the site I posted, I will have a drive round to have a look. I hope they don't have a Wicker Man! Maybe I'll get me some of that stress relief, with Barmaids!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here