Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Murray v Djokovic Official Match Thread

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
So can he finally bring an end to 77 years of hurt?

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
My guess would be tennis fans and patriots in answer to your question

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
After all he is not British, he is "SCOTTISH" so he let everyone know, so who really gives a shit anyway.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My guess would be tennis fans and patriots in answer to your question

Surely tennis fans would like to see the best player win? And patriots would want anyone but a Jock?

Tennis is a great game to play but its got to be the dullest sport at a professional level. Everything about it is boring even down to the people that watch it. It's the Coldplay of sports!

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I think he can. If he makes the sort of start he made against Federer in last year's final, I think that will really energise the crowd and give him an advantage. There shouldn't be any danger of the final this year getting played under the roof which certainly contributed to Murray's loss in the final last year, albeit the momentum had swung towards Federer by the time it started raining.

Djokovic-Murray matches are 50-50 calls, it really does come down to who is nearer their best on the day. Djokovic was in the Australian Open final, but Murray was when they contested the Olympics semi-final last year, which is the only time they have ever played each other on grass, and he got over the line against Djokovic in the US Open final last year. If Murray can get his first serves in consistently and if the match goes the distance, then I think he will win. Djokovic really needs to win the match in 3 sets if he is going to be the winner, because I'd back Murray's fitness if it goes to 5 sets.

A word of warning though. I felt certain Sabine Lisicki would win the women's final yesterday and she lost. So my predictions can go skew whiff!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i am not bothered, but a small part of me hopes he loses.........just so the rich surrey housewives get to feel some pain :)

he is scottish not british....and he is hardly mr charisma super likeable is he?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Funny reading people who still are bitter over his banter comments about England and being British, get over it goodness me. Although saying that I just don't warm to him and Djokovic is my favourite player, Djokovic in 4.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Toss vital...In a match as tight as this, serving first in sets 1-3-5 could just tilt the balance.
Head says Djokovic...heart says Murray in 5....5-7 7-6 6-4 6-7 8-6.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
What time is kick-off today?

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing

Attachments

• viz_murray.jpg
    viz_murray.jpg
    828.9 KB · Views: 144

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
The last time I checked, Scotland was part of Great Britain, which automatically means that Andy Murray is British. That will remain that way until such times that Scottish people decide in a referendum to leave the union. I would be sceptical of that happening any time soon, however much the SNP's propaganda machine tries to convince people otherwise.

The people that are throwing out the 'Murray is Scottish not British' line I trust were willing Sir Chris Hoy to lose in the Olympics last year as well, were they?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here