Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Old school Hip hop heads? Ultramagnetic M.C's in Brighton

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Gutted I couldn't make it but glad they shone. Maybe I've just been unlucky but the old school hip-hop legends are a bit hit and miss. For every De La Soul still storming there's a Young MC going through the motions or Grandmaster Flash doing mediocre DJ sets.

Best ever was KRS-1 back in 2007. It was the tour with Marley Marl after their "Hip Hop Lives" album but that week Marley had a stroke and KRS's stepson killed himself. I had no idea what would happen but he absolutely tore the Concorde apart. He was snarling and prowling the stage like a tiger.

So what was the set like? All old favourites or a few new(ish) ones?

Cold Gettin Dumb

Jan 31, 2013
Saw them at the Concord 2 last night. Even though their set was shorter than I thought, they were fecking amazing for their age. Old school hip hop at its best

Part 1:- Enter stage left
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7b7Y47ZEbQ&sns=em

part 2:-
Kool Keith's entrance
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3BfgQXKJvI&sns=em

Thanks for those. I'll watch them later on...
Couldn't go due to stuff going on early today.
Did you go to Big Daddy Kane a couple of months ago?
He ripped it that night. Concorde was full of like minded old hip hop heads.
Magic!

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
Thanks for those. I'll watch them later on...
Couldn't go due to stuff going on early today.
Did you go to Big Daddy Kane a couple of months ago?
He ripped it that night. Concorde was full of like minded old hip hop heads.
Magic!

Missed big daddy Kane, i really wanted to see him but but was busy. Another one i was gutted to miss was Jeru Tha Damaja, but at least I got to see Public Enemy, they were unbelievable and the crowd was going berserk, think they were shocked at how up for it we were. The Ultramags were fantastic last night, Ced gee came on sporting some bizarre flashing glasses and glittery head scarf and he and moe love went through a few numbers before building up kool Keith for a grand entrance who also came on sporting bizarre oversize star glasses and glittery head scarf. They went through some Ultramag classics and some Doctor Octagon numbers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here