Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The PRICE is WRONG

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
You can play football, you can play tennis, you can play rugby, but you cant play boxing. He hasn't done the road work and it showed.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Tony Thompson's comment about breaking his wifes hip tonight in the post-fight interview.

"You might want to donate a wheelchair!"

:lolol:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
That post fight interview was superb.

Anyone who missed it, Tony Thompson said he hasn't had sex for a while, and his wife is going to have a broken hip, and that someone needs to donate her a wheelchair. Superb stuff.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
He should have had an interim fight and then had the rematch, but no way should he have been blowing after a couple of rounds in a 12 round contest

Exactly. All about endurance. He should give Andy Murray a call. Now theres a guy whos fit.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Fair play Ernest, you got this one right, can't believe boxing hierarchy like Maloney and Lewis have been taken in by this bloke, as have many of us, I can't see anyway back now, to get beaten twice by a 41 year old journeyman exposes limitations that not even the most intensive training camps can rectify.

However still got my full English to look forward to when Haye knocks Billy Fury out.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
David Price v Richard Towers/Lucas Browne could be an interesting fight since David Price has to defend his commonwealth belt.

IF (and I think it could be a big if) Price carries on with a boxing career then I expect he will have at least one tune up bout with someone he will definitely KO. Personally I have a feeling Maloney will persuade Price to call it a day, if he can't get past Thompson then he has no future in elite level boxing. Unlike the deluded Audely Harrison I think Price is smart enough to know his limits and see that he would be better off doing something else. However...if Price can get past a few journeyman then a rated domestic fighter like Richard Towers then perhaps they could put him in with Derek Chisora, or Deontay Wilder? At least he would get a nice payday out of it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Tyson Fury? He hasn't fought anybody of any note. 21-0 fighting bums, the last couple put him on his arse as well.

As soon as Fury fights anybody with an ounce of talent he'll be picking his teeth up of the canvas.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Fair play Ernest, you got this one right, can't believe boxing hierarchy like Maloney and Lewis have been taken in by this bloke, as have many of us, I can't see anyway back now, to get beaten twice by a 41 year old journeyman exposes limitations that not even the most intensive training camps can rectify.

However still got my full English to look forward to when Haye knocks Billy Fury out.

I think Ernest talking down Price as useless was a wind up joke that unexpectedly came true. :lolol:

.....just the same as he talks up awful boxers like A-Force and Fury.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Lennox Lewis was the problem in this fight, Price was split between two trainers, looking into the Lennox in the crowd when he should be looking straight forward and listening to Franny, Lewis isnt a trainer hes been out of boxing for years, and now decided to have a project, it was wrong. If he had any real skills as a trainer, then he would of taken up the role years ago.

Price gassed out from the body shots, and nearly folded in the 3rd of 4th, which was strange as hes normally a good athlete, he should of stuck to the first fight game plan, only thing he needed to change was keep his hands up and loosen up, all the sh!t Lennox and Franny worked on in Canada or the States and he still didnt keep his hands up, particularly the left, where he kept trying to measure his punches...

It was a strange fight, from the sh!t sax player to Thompsons GOAT post fight interview haha Price needs to over come his mental demons, if he gets half the chances Audley got then he will still do well, he always looked stiff, but other than that hes got the attributes...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here