Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Anyone see the guy get knocked out by a ball at half time?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
In the uncovered stand behind the goal - guy had been to get a drink and was going back to his seat when a stray ball from Chris Winterton (think he'd smashed a shot at the other keeper as part of a warmup and put it over) caught him square on the temple.

Next thing you know he's out cold. Fortunately he wasn't out for long, laughed it off and there was an off duty medic sat behind him but yeah...

... he needs to man up

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
What happened to his drink?!?!

It was an unopened can but the force with which his limp body flung it at the ground made it split open, soaking a child in alcohol

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Saw that happen at Smellhurst during the kick-in for a Wimbledon-Leeds game a fair few years ago. Someone smashed a thirty yarder over the bar into the crowd, catching an unsuspecting fan full on the bugle :ohmy:

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
He was a couple of rows in front of us, I saw the ball coming our way. Lucky he was standing as it hit him and not us. He staggered then spun 360 and fell backwards out cold.

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
I wondered if he was knocked out by that, my view was looking at the front of his face, and i can still picture the moment it hit him right in the cheek. I'm sure the shot clipped the bar as well.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
There used to be a lovely old sign at a County League ground somewhere, along the lines of 'Beware flying balls - enter at your own risk' :lolol:

I'm pretty sure there used to be one at Bromley FCs ground along Hayes Lane as well. Maybe there was a non league thing going on?

...or they just bought the same sign

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He was out cold for about 30 secs. When he came round he had no idea what had hit him. NSC poster Dover was the off duty medic who looked after him, he fully recovered. Whitehawk's medics, and Albion staff came over after a while to see if he was ok. Whitehawk offered to replace his drink.

cybergu11y

Jun 16, 2011
Fancy giving a kid alcohol, should be ashamed of himself!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It was precision shot. He was the only guy standing up in that area and the ball hit him flush on the side of the head - wouldn't have happened another 100 times.

Seemed like it was in slo mo. he seemed to be ok to start with.

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
I wondered if he was knocked out by that, my view was looking at the front of his face, and i can still picture the moment it hit him right in the cheek. I'm sure the shot clipped the bar as well.

That it did, the slightest of touches.

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Also a couple of rows behind him. My son had just said we should watch out for stray shots when it happened. He went down like a sack of spuds and I was very surprised to see him get back up so quickly.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It was an unopened can but the force with which his limp body flung it at the ground made it split open, soaking a child in alcohol

Savilesque

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here