Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ii still love the BBC

brixtonA23

Aug 5, 2011
It is basically a tax on watching television and can be a political tool dependent on the ruling of unknown governors, however..

Millions of people of all political and religious denominations will listen to the World Service, because they trust the BBC.

And what producer in any other country would focus on an Argentinian supporter on Henman Hill at Wimbledon, followed by a Polish contingent after Murray was a set down.

In a time to re-evaluate who we are, and in hope that somebody will take the reins, we are the best country in the world. Self effacing, self deprecating by nature, but time to stop playing a game where so many people are cheating. To write this I will be subjected to the term of a jingoist. A polite word to say 'don't love you country'.

I write this without hope or agenda, but the BBC does a fantastic job and should be viewed as such. and time we stop looking down and begin to realise our inherent potential.

Let's start playing the game.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Ii agree. We are bloody great. Plus England has the Albion. And plus the BBC has no adverts.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Disagree about the Tennis. I wish the director would focus on the sport rather than tyring to be so blindingly obviously inclusive. Focusing on that black line judge so many times after she got hit with the ball was embarassing and borderline racism, just leave her alone to do her job, black people in London aren't a novelty!
Also they are focussing too much on the celebs in the crowd, I couldn't give a s**t if James Cordon got free tickets, just film the bloody tennis.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
That's near on impossible isn't it as I've got a laptop and internet so how do I convince them I'm not watching.

It's up to them to prove you are. That's why, when you go to watch live BBC via the internet you have to answer a question about having a license.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Disagree about the Tennis. I wish the director would focus on the sport rather than tyring to be so blindingly obviously inclusive.

But what about Hereford (slight extreme but you know what I mean)? They could have easily ignored the fans, but what would that have made it?

We live as sports fans in a vicarious existence and I'm glad the Director may occasionally head on over our way.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Thanks Westdene.

I should add that once you "opt out" you will get a strongly worded letter about once a year asking if you do watch live TV. Just tick no and send it back. It's not the BBC running the license collection system anyway - it's Capita.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I doubt their detection devices will penetrate the walls of your cave.

Their "detection devices" are a myth - they were never real in the 70's, 80's and 90's and they no longer bother to peddle the myth.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here