Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

commuters - 3G coverage

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
it would be very usful to hear from the commuters how is O2/GiffGaff and 3 reception and data rate for the on the Brighton-London route and the rest of Sussex?

Ive used Tmobile/orange and found it pretty decent, patches of no coverage but very strong signal with fast data when it is there. Vodafone has near 100% coverage but is very poor on data rates so browsing is crap (i think this is capacity as it differs day to day). It would be good to have real input rather than estimated maps, before i plunge into a new contract.

kc1

Nov 11, 2011
I'm on O2 and commute from Hassock to London Vic everyday. I find the network ok, average in some places but good in others.
Can get decent 3G at most points of the route, but get no 3G at Hassocks, Balcombe or over the viaduct, once you get around East Croydon the signal improves significantly.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
O2 is very good on the train and an absolute pile of shite in a car.
@kc1 is right though. Hassocks may as well be Mordor.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
3 was fine for me when did that journey for 6 months but when I lived in Canada water I didn't have any 3 signal where I lived lol

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Im on 3, coverage is pretty good where there isnt any tunnels though the blackspots are Hassocks, Balcombe, the fast lines between Earlswood and Purley and bizarrely Clapham - Wandsworth.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Im on 3, coverage is pretty good where there isnt any tunnels though the blackspots are Hassocks, Balcombe, the fast lines between Earlswood and Purley and bizarrely Clapham - Wandsworth.

Clapham issue is same on both Vodafone and Tmobile. I put it down to saturation of the network, the signal strength shows high but nothing happens when browsing. same happens at Victoria when theres a rail problem, presumably as everyone searches for train times.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here