Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Is Dunk going to be 1st choice...

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I don't know.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not unless he kicks on and goes up a level as he is not better than Greer or El Abd up to now.

Getting Upson back obviously would be very good but I am not against not signing him and getting someone in with a serious bit of pace.

Goes against the grain but I share a similar opinion with Lopez. Would love him to sign but if he doesn't then a pacey replacement could turn out to be just as good / better.

Question is when will Oscar dip into the transfer market. He will of been told what we need and seen the videos but I guess he has to have a good look at everyone before making moves. I'd expect movement perhaps towards the end of next week but then what do I know !

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Not unless he kicks on and goes up a level as he is not better than Greer or El Abd up

Not sure about this. I think both Greer and El Abd benefitted greatly from having Upson around and it raised their game. I'd worry if they were our starting CB's and maybe it is time to give Dunk a real go. I suspect he might have been first choice last year if not for the court stuff

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Not sure about this. I think both Greer and El Abd benefitted greatly from having Upson around and it raised their game. I'd worry if they were our starting CB's and maybe it is time to give Dunk a real go. I suspect he might have been first choice last year if not for the court stuff

Our defence was up there with the best in the league with Greer and El Abd , scoring was the problem

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Our defence was up there with the best in the league with Greer and El Abd , scoring was the problem

Yes it's been quoted a lot, but before Upson came Bridcutt played right in front of them and I think he was as responsible for our defensive record. When Upson arrived and settled it seemed to allow Bridcutt to play higher up, and give us a quite different look, and we scored more (accept Ulloa here too)

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
Dunk has the ability and potential to become very good according to football manager

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here