Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gazza Arrested (Again)

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
When he went on TV after coming back from a life saving trip to the US recently, paid for by his soccer mates, he sounded arrogant, ungrateful and unrepentant. I have no sympathy. Even Joey Barton admits when he's been a knob.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Learn, Ungrateful, Chances...

Mmmm...

Paul Gascoigne is quite obviously very very unwell. Untreated psychological problems before the fame, fuelled then by fame money and in later life alcohol.

I don't have sympathy for him any more than anyone else I don't know with a serious illness.

But he has an illness.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Sadly another George Best waiting to happen
The two most gifted football players to grace the British isles over the last 40 years both flawed geniuses

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
How many last chances does he want?

As many as he wants. He's a legend. End of. It's a real shame, but only he can help himself. I do fear it's too late for him now though. In the meantime, people will always help him. Why? Simply because they remember how good he was and love him for it. I was lucky enough to see him play in the flesh over at Italia 90 in his prime - I'm chuffed that I did too. A wonderful player at times.

His autobiography gives some real insight as to why he's the way he is now. Messed up from a very young age. Interesting read if you haven't already.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
When will he learn?

He won't. He has a crippling disease. After nearly dying 4 months ago any sane person would learn but as I said he has a disease which sadly one day will kill him unless he really stops forvever. The long periods of abstinance he has at least allows his liver to recover but one day a massive bender and his benders are massive, 4 bottles of whisky a day will do him in. I fear the writing is on the wall now and if he does not stop his self destruction he is unlikely to see his 50th birthday.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Stevenage? Oh, how low can a man get.

When Gazza has a bender in Croydon we will know he has truely hit the rock bottom.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
He won't. He has a crippling disease. After nearly dying 4 months ago any sane person would learn but as I said he has a disease which sadly one day will kill him unless he really stops forvever. The long periods of abstinance he has at least allows his liver to recover but one day a massive bender and his benders are massive, 4 bottles of whisky a day will do him in. I fear the writing is on the wall now and if he does not stop his self destruction he is unlikely to see his 50th birthday.

Spot on.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Higgins, Best, Gazza. The latest in a line. Inevitable death before 50.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
He is very sick, I wonder how many of those who clubbed together to pay for his last treatment have popped by to check on him since. I don't mean act a babysitters but just a call or a visit to see hope he doing, clearly not very well.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The main reason for his slip ups is probably boredom. He is pretty much unemployable and undateable now so he spends 16 waking hours day after day in his bedsit on his own. Trying to summon up all his courage not to obliterate the day through a bottle. As said above I think, apart from stumping up some " guilt " money the people who helped him have left him on his own, again. For sure it is, at the end of the day, HIS responsibility to turn his life around but I don't think he has it in him anymore. The sad thing is there are tens of thousands of " Gazza''s" in this country, maybe living next door or down the street or in a shop corner and their story is never told and no one gives a rat's arse so Gazza is priviledged in that he has 100 x the support your average Joe gets.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Also the bottle did not get Higgins the fags did.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The main reason for his slip ups is probably boredom. He is pretty much unemployable and undateable now so he spends 16 waking hours day after day in his bedsit on his own. Trying to summon up all his courage not to obliterate the day through a bottle. As said above I think, apart from stumping up some " guilt " money the people who helped him have left him on his own, again. For sure it is, at the end of the day, HIS responsibility to turn his life around but I don't think he has it in him anymore.

I'd agree with this. must be a long old lonely day, and when you do venture into that hub of British social life, the good old pub, there's an endless stream of strangers/well-wishers offering to buy you a drink. Heaven for some, but hell for others. Reckon the only way he could save himself from the inevitable is by moving abroad somewhere, where that country's social life doesn't revolve entirely around drinking alcohol. Hard to see it happening though.

Mad as my Mother

May 21, 2013
Dorset
For this alone ....

Gazza deserves every chance there is. To me it's the best goal ever scored.

I hope one day he can find a way to make his life full and not boring (as he has said in interviews) enough to stop the booze and enjoy himself without the self district.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
For this alone ....

Gazza deserves every chance there is. To me it's the best goal ever scored.

I hope one day he can find a way to make his life full and not boring (as he has said in interviews) enough to stop the booze and enjoy himself without the self district.

That goal broke Scottish hearts, we never deserved to be zapped by that work of idiot-savant genius. But it WAS genius, no denying it. Not many goals from today we'll remember fifteen years down the line, I'd suggest. I wish him well.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The dentist chair celebration was rather unfortunate, given his recent problems.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here