Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where's this rumour that El-Abd has signed his deal come from?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Not sure how I feel about this now if true. Do we really want to keep a player, no-one else in the Championship seemingly wants? While Adam is a decent squad player, it seems a bit short term.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So the rumour about him going to Qatar is debunked?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
[tweet]353196653634789378[/tweet]

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not sure how I feel about this now if true. Do we really want to keep a player, no-one else in the Championship seemingly wants? While Adam is a decent squad player, it seems a bit short term.

He's a very good championship player. I'm sure plenty of Champ teams would be interested if they heard he was angling for a move away.

The Notorious BHA

Jan 29, 2011

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Happy with this. He has been excellent under Gus. But the big one for me is Spanish Dave.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very good news.

Glad he's back.

If we move JFC into Dicker's squad place we are now 6 down on last season.

Spanish Dave next please.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
I thought he was offered one year initially?

He was, now offered two which I suspect he would have accepted straight away if offered in the first place. Same goes for David. My worry is that with the building rumours that we are in financial shit, albeit some from palace fans trying to stir things up, we are now going for cheaper options. Not getting Upson would be disappointing, but El Abd is a good player and will always give 100% for Brighton. Our first major signing will indicate the clubs position financially but we have lost Upson, Vicente, Bridge, Hammond and David possibly, so if players are not signed we are considerably weaker than last season. Having said all of that, OG has been tempted to the "theatre of dreams" and hopefully the silence will be broken by a flood of flair signings next week. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here