Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Charlie Oatway leaves 'by mutual consent'

Ulloa's Soul Patch

The Cyclone!
Mar 5, 2013
Just above the chin.
Oatway leaves the albion

Albion First Team Coach, Charlie Oatway, has left the club by mutual consent.

The club would like to sincerely thank Charlie for his hard work, commitment and dedication since he joined the club in 1999.

Charlie joined the club as a player in 1999, eventually becoming club captain. During Charlie’s successful playing career, he helped the club secure championships in 2001 and 2002 and a play-off victory in 2004.

Following the end of his playing career, Charlie remained involved with the club working with its charitable arm Albion in the Community.

In November 2009, Charlie became First Team Coach, helping to guide the team to promotion as League One champions in 2011 and a highly creditable 4th placed finish last season, the club’s highest position for 30 years.

We wish him all the very best for the future and are confident he will have a long and successful career ahead of him.
Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/oatway-leaves-albion-897087.aspx#qOIk5zhkgShmTzsg.99

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Called on NSC yesterday - well done that poster.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I wonder if he was suspended because he was a key witness in the Gus situation. Now that is resolved and the new head coach bringing his own people in, he is no longer needed.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
my wife's first comment on hearing this was "they have paid him off"

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another step closer to this whole sorry mess being over and done with, we just need Gus's appeal to follow the due and correct course and we can close the book on this situation and move on.

Charlie has been a great servant to this club and will be missed....as for my personal opinion of his departure, it's impossible for any of us to really have one without knowing what it was that has caused us to reach this stage.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Same as Tanno, not shocked but a disappointing end

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Such a shame. One of the nicest and funniest blokes I've ever met.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
Just a sad state of affairs and shame he has left the club this way. Will we ever find out the reason why?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
PUBLISHED

13:15 5th July 2013

by Club Statement

Albion First Team Coach, Charlie Oatway, has left the club by mutual consent.

The club would like to sincerely thank Charlie for his hard work, commitment and dedication since he joined the club in 1999.

Charlie joined the club as a player in 1999, eventually becoming club captain. During Charlie’s successful playing career, he helped the club secure championships in 2001 and 2002 and a play-off victory in 2004.

Following the end of his playing career, Charlie remained involved with the club working with its charitable arm Albion in the Community.

In November 2009, Charlie became First Team Coach, helping to guide the team to promotion as League One champions in 2011 and a highly creditable 4th placed finish last season, the club’s highest position for 30 years.

We wish him all the very best for the future and are confident he will have a long and successful career ahead of him.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/oatway-leaves-albion-897087.aspx#R57qfI57sZTfxxES.99

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
shame. i suppose we still dont know why either?

Could anyone honesty see any other outcome?? I answered this thread as, although 3 started at the same time, this had the most posts. Merging from Mods required.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
To say this has left something of an "information vacuum" is putting it mildly.

Thought he'd be here for the next 30 years working under various managers

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here