Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Information since Oscar arrived

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is it just me (most likely) or has the club gone into a mini lockdown since Oscar arrived?

As far as I'm aware the pre-season pictures stopped after his first day (genuine question, do other clubs post pre-season pictures).
Oscar's assistants. Was quickly picked up that at least one of his team is here but nothing official from the club. Will he/they be in hiding tomorrow.
Luke Williams. Argus reported he has gone but nothing from the club, has he been replaced, who will be in charge of the DS next Tuesday.
Which players are on trial usually leaks out but bar Shorey there has been nothing. Granted that might become clearer tomorrow.
Even the players twitter accounts have been strangely quiet bar the 'legs are dead' etc.

Appreciate Gusgate is still ongoing just find it a bit unusual that no info is coming out at this time of year.

Just me?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Whilst we all want to hear a bit of transfer news what I also want is Oscar to have a very good look at the players at his disposal and make his own mind up first.

After the post-Palace fiasco I take a lot of heart that most of the key players are still here, never mind who we have or haven't bought.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Luke Williams. Argus reported he has gone but nothing from the club, has he been replaced, who will be in charge of the DS next Tuesday.

I saw Luke Williams, in full training kit complete with his initials, getting the train to the Amex about 3-4 days AFTER the Argus claimed he had left.

Make of that as you will.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I saw Luke Williams, in full training kit complete with his initials, getting the train to the Amex about 3-4 days AFTER the Argus claimed he had left.

Sounds like a serious case of denial to me.

What else could it mean? :jester:

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
All price hikes , no football. Mushrooms.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Who were the other two reported on here to be coming for a trial, Rhys Murphy ? and Michael Abreu?

Buckley's Mad Eye

Oct 27, 2012
Is it just me (most likely) or has the club gone into a mini lockdown since Oscar arrived?

As far as I'm aware the pre-season pictures stopped after his first day (genuine question, do other clubs post pre-season pictures).
Oscar's assistants. Was quickly picked up that at least one of his team is here but nothing official from the club. Will he/they be in hiding tomorrow.
Which players are on trial usually leaks out but bar Shorey there has been nothing. Granted that might become clearer tomorrow.
Even the players twitter accounts have been strangely quiet bar the 'legs are dead' etc.

Appreciate Gusgate is still ongoing just find it a bit unusual that no info is coming out at this time of year.

Just me?
Looks that way. Very little information forthcoming from the club or other media sources, which seems unusual when a club has appointed a new manager. I'd say that the club is running a no leaks policy at the moment.

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
Looks that way. Very little information forthcoming from the club or other media sources, which seems unusual when a club has appointed a new manager. I'd say that the club is running a no leaks policy at the moment.

Two of my mates who work at the club who normally give me a bit of "inside knowledge" have said everything is extremely hush hush at the moment.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I saw Will Buckley heading onto the A27 Eastbound at Patcham the other day :shrug:

Would you really blame the club for keeping things quiet for a while? Without getting into the rights and wrongs of the way the former management team were dealt with, the media spotlight was fixed firmly on the club, and the headlines that resulted from it weren't the best, were they? Paul Barber even said so in that email, and it probably isn't a coincidence that there hasn't been a lot of communication while things get back to normal, and the new guys settle in.

So no, there isn't a great deal of communication from within. Can't say I'm too worried, to be honest, though.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
I saw Will Buckley heading onto the A27 Eastbound at Patcham the other day :shrug:

Would you really blame the club for keeping things quiet for a while? Without getting into the rights and wrongs of the way the former management team were dealt with, the media spotlight was fixed firmly on the club, and the headlines that resulted from it weren't the best, were they? Paul Barber even said so in that email, and it probably isn't a coincidence that there hasn't been a lot of communication while things get back to normal, and the new guys settle in.

So no, there isn't a great deal of communication from within. Can't say I'm too worried, to be honest, though.

I'm not worried I just find it a bit strange. They were more than happy to put pictures up before Oscar came in but since his first training session its all gone quiet. Would have thought it was a good way of saying business as usual without actually having to say it

blue2

Apr 21, 2010
I think this will be the way forward in that we will in general see few press interviews with most if not all info via the club web site inthe form of official club statements

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

He hasn't told the wife yet!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Just me?

No far from it, l've been thinking along similar lines. In fact if you hadn't started this thread, l probably would have done.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
No far from it, l've been thinking along similar lines. In fact if you hadn't started this thread, l probably would have done.

Same here. I think we will probably see a little less press under OG than we did under GP, just because of their characters, but for the time being it doesn't surprise me that things are quiet. After recent bad publicity for the club I think we are waiting for this to be well and truely finished with and that chapter closed, before we begin embracing our new setup going forward. I think that's the right way to play it too, although I do hope that, once Gus losses his appeal (if he appeals), we can get a little more excitement and "football innuendo" from the club. Been pretty boring of late!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here