Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good luck Andy!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
The nation will be rooting for you this afternoon as you go for an historic 2nd successive Wimbledon final.

I genuinely think this is his year, after the drama of the quarter finals especially, the whole nation on tenterhooks. Let's end a tennis mad nations ridiculously long wait for a Wimbledons mens winner and in the process create the greatest sporting moment for these Isles since 1966.

:clap:

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Good luck Glenn. :thumbsup:

I've a sneaking feeling that Del Potro will get past Djokovic, so a Britain vs. Argentina final - winner gets the Falklands perhaps?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Didn't you watch the Olympics last year then

Yes but that was hardly a moment, it was two weeks of excellence. Plus this is the one that Britons have craved for many generations, possibly ending nearly 80 years of hurt at one of our premiere sporting events.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The guy that Murray is playing today is 5.4 on Betfair. Massive serve and won't have got to the semis by luck so worth an unpatriotic tenner in a 2 horse race.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Yes but that was hardly a moment, it was two weeks of excellence. Plus this is the one that Britons have craved for many generations, possibly ending nearly 80 years of hurt at one of our premiere sporting events.

Winning the Gold at Kayaking was good enough for me and ended years and years of hurt

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I hope the jock loses myself. I can't wait for Scottish independence so we can all stop pretending to support Murray every summer.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
The nation will be rooting for you this afternoon as you go for an historic 2nd successive Wimbledon final.

I genuinely think this is his year, after the drama of the quarter finals especially, the whole nation on tenterhooks. Let's end a tennis mad nations ridiculously long wait for a Wimbledons mens winner and in the process create the greatest sporting moment for these Isles since 1966.

:clap:

Not me, I'm not a fan of the surly Scot, he's shown his true colours before. If it was an Englishman would the scots give us their support, not on your nelly.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Good luck Glenn. :thumbsup:

I've a sneaking feeling that Del Potro will get past Djokovic, so a Britain vs. Argentina final - winner gets the Falklands perhaps?

Del Potro barely got through the last game without collapsing and going out injured. The best tennis player in the World is going to utterly VIOLATE him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Not me, I'm not a fan of the surly Scot, he's shown his true colours before. If it was an Englishman would the scots give us their support, not on your nelly.

What are you on about? Obviously not that thing he said previously that was revealed YEARS ago to be a joke, a bit of banter between him and Henman.

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
We have televisions on here in the office, showing the tennis. I think they're supposed to be tuned to something a bit more relevant to work, but I'm not complaining. Come on Andy!

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
There appears to be a period approaching where Djokovic and Murray could dominate Wimbledon for 2-3 years. Federer cannot maintain his peak, Nadal's fitness will always be suspect following his commitment to the French and the next new wonder-kid isn't ready yet.
Can Murray seize his chance?

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
What are you on about? Obviously not that thing he said previously that was revealed YEARS ago to be a joke, a bit of banter between him and Henman.

Sorry my friend the sooner they get independence the better. Never have liked them. I was beaten up by a scots lad on my home from Brighton college one evening because I happened to clip his mates arm as I walked past, complete accident, I apologised but his mate was having none of it so he laid into me and left me on the floor. This was in Nesbit Rd Brighton Sept 1968.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

This. Some people really are unbelievably stupid, it still astonishes me how easily (thick) people are manipulated by the media.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Murray spent about 20 minutes after his match against Verdasco talking to Sir Alex Ferguson and I'd imagine one thing Ferguson would have said to him from his personal experience is that you come through close shaves when trying to win a big tournament and that once you get through them, they make you stronger knowing that you can get through those situations and still win.

I think that match against Verdasco could help Murray and make him seize the opportunity he has. Janowicz won't be an easy opponent because of the velocity of his serve. The unknown is how well he will cope with playing in his first Grand Slam semi-final. If Janowicz's serve fails him, Murray's record against big servers suggests he is more than capable of capitalising.

Right now, if I was asked to make a prediction, it would be that Andy Murray will be accompanying Sabine Lisicki to the Champions' Ball on Sunday night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here