Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Raspberry Hooray.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
See what I did there? One for the Prince fans. Anyway, I digress. I have a huge harvest of Raspberries from my allotment. What exciting recipe ideas shall I partake of? I loathe pastry of any kind if you could bear that in mind please.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Raspberry crumble. To make it easy you can use porridge or cornflakes for the crumble.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
I've made a raspberry and chilli chutney/jam before and it was really tasty. The sourness of the berries cut through the initial heat of the chillies. Highly recommend.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
My Mrs made some fantastic raspberry syrup which was great with ice-cream, yogurt, on its own and over pastries and meringues. I can ask her for the recipe if you like?

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Alternatively freeze them for use in smoothies. Dehydrate them for use as a sweetener on porridge/oats.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why have hairy raspberry when you can have the shaven stubble of a strawberry? Hairy fruit is WRONG.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Make it into a cordial with lime, perfect refreshing summers drink.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Make a very simple mascarpone cheesecake, if you're interested I'll type the recipe, or google it. Another idea is to make a coulis with ithem, very simple too.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Thanks folks all good suggestions. However me and my mate have just smooshed the whole lot into our fat, stupid faces. After all my umming and ahhing we decided they taste best eaten as nature intended, with hair, pips and juice dribbling down our faces. Then we kissed each other. Thanks guys.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Thanks folks all good suggestions. However me and my mate have just smooshed the whole lot into our fat, stupid faces. After all my umming and ahhing we decided they taste best eaten as nature intended, with hair, pips and juice dribbling down our faces. Then we kissed each other. Thanks guys.

Ah ha. Decided instead to party like it's 1999!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Think you've missed a chance on making your own raspberry ripple.

Fairly easy to make, and would go down a treat over the next few days.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you had a few Strawberries too then you would have the fruit section of an Eton Mess. Hit yer Google for full recipe.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here