Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A Field in England.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Released on all platforms today. Cinema, DVD, Telly box and 4OD.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Me too. Looks like it could be a very interesting film. Intriguing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I don't think there will be enough " Mawkish Sentimentality " in it so I will give it a miss.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I don't think there will be enough " Mawkish Sentimentality " in it so I will give it a miss.

I very much doubt it will be up your street US. There will not be enough "Triumph of the human spirit" story arcs to satisfy you!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I need to be manipulated with some violin music and a director conning me as I am incapable of feeling any genuine emotions otherwise.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
somewhat of a change from Down Terrace

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I need to be manipulated with some violin music and a director conning me as I am incapable of feeling any genuine emotions otherwise.

You like what you like US, that's fair. I like a lot of the same things as you I just happen to like to check out other stuff, sometimes it is pretentious twaddle, other times it's fantastic and everywhere in between, like any film genre.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You like what you like US, that's fair. I like a lot of the same things as you I just happen to like to check out other stuff, sometimes it is pretentious twaddle, other times it's fantastic and everywhere in between, like any film genre.

Nah. I watched a film that wasn't directed by Spielberg once and I didn't like it, so I will not make that mistake again. For me it is a feast of Hook, ET, Warhorse, Close Encounters and Schindler's List for me, loads of violins and sentamentality.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Nah. I watched a film that wasn't directed by Spielberg once and I didn't like it, so I will not make that mistake again. For me it is a feast of Hook, ET, Warhorse, Close Encounters and Schindler's List for me, loads of violins and sentamentality.

It's the only way to be certain.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I have to hide from the full insides of it as i am off to a screening of it on Monday night with an after-showing talk from Wheatley and others about funding. Should be interesting. Might head off to another East London Film Festival piece this evening to elp fight the urge to just switch on the telly and watch it. At present, it might be a Peruvian film about a post-apocalyptic south America and a boy with a cardboard box on his head. *shrug*

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I have to hide from the full insides of it as i am off to a screening of it on Monday night with an after-showing talk from Wheatley and others about funding. Should be interesting. Might head off to another East London Film Festival piece this evening to elp fight the urge to just switch on the telly and watch it. At present, it might be a Peruvian film about a post-apocalyptic south America and a boy with a cardboard box on his head. *shrug*

Sounds quite intriguing actually. Gonna be a telly job for me as away working as of tomorrow and won't get a chance. Shame, would be great at the flicks I reckon.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I know this probably isn't the right thread for this, but as I've got the Film Savvy people together ...

In the UK are their cinemas that sometimes show 'classic' films from time to time? I know in the US there are 2nd run cinemas that pick up recent releases and extend their time on release, and I guess there's also room for re-runs of older stuff.

The reason I ask is that I'd love to show my kids ET on the bib screen, but I can find nothing about showing the film anywhere. Back in the good old days, we used to get a supporting movie with a new release (those were indeed to days - I remember going to see a new movie (I can't even recall the name) to see The Poseidon Adventure as the support).

So, does this ever happen there?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I know this probably isn't the right thread for this, but as I've got the Film Savvy people together ...

In the UK are their cinemas that sometimes show 'classic' films from time to time? I know in the US there are 2nd run cinemas that pick up recent releases and extend their time on release, and I guess there's also room for re-runs of older stuff.

The reason I ask is that I'd love to show my kids ET on the bib screen, but I can find nothing about showing the film anywhere. Back in the good old days, we used to get a supporting movie with a new release (those were indeed to days - I remember going to see a new movie (I can't even recall the name) to see The Poseidon Adventure as the support).

So, does this ever happen there?

Picture House and Vue cinemas will show a classic every now and then but I don't know of any that do so as their main trade.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sounds quite intriguing actually. Gonna be a telly job for me as away working as of tomorrow and won't get a chance. Shame, would be great at the flicks I reckon.

the_cleaner.jpg

One can but hope.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here