Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poppy Fields

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
Maybe they are biennial. I don't remember seeing them last year but I did the year before.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Have been driving to work in Brighton for the last 2 years over the Beacon. This year there are some stunning poppy fields which I swear I never saw last year. Did I just not notice them? Is it weather related? Am I just not very observant?!

I don't think they are biennial. I haven't noticed them before, they are stunning!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i think farmers have abandoned some fields to grass after the wet spring, might be why. or crop rotation if they still do that.

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
On the same subject. I have seen so many cars parked in the lay-by just after the Southwick tunnel with people wandering in the poppy field there. The odd thing is that some of the people were young men, not the stereo-typical type of person to be drawn to pretty flowers. My suspicious mind immediately jumps to wondering if they have found a kind of "poor mans opium" from our poppies or even planted proper opium poppies amongst them.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
On the same subject. I have seen so many cars parked in the lay-by just after the Southwick tunnel with people wandering in the poppy field there. The odd thing is that some of the people were young men, not the stereo-typical type of person to be drawn to pretty flowers. My suspicious mind immediately jumps to wondering if they have found a kind of "poor mans opium" from our poppies or even planted proper opium poppies amongst them.

Wrong type of poppy!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

I too have noticed all the cars parked up in that lay-by, However instead of thinking the worst about you young men, my first thought was for the farmer as people seem to be taking the poppies.

Perhaps that tells us something.... you read the Mail and I read Farmers weekly maybe.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
This must be a rare opportunity to use the word diaphanous.

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
From the beacon you can see the Amex with a carpet of red behind it and what a beautiful site it is. Even nicer driving along the Woodingdean Road, I oftern take the longer route back home just to take in the view. I am proud of what the club and fans have achived after a long fight for survival . Lets enjoy every game at the Amex.:blush:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Think it's just down to reduced use of pesticides?

Ease back on the Harvey's Notters, Pesticides kill pests... ie. insects, herbicides kill plants.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
its rapeseed planted too early it should show bright yellow ready for harvesting or cooking oil ETC.

rapeseed.jpg

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing
I too have noticed all the cars parked up in that lay-by, However instead of thinking the worst about you young men, my first thought was for the farmer as people seem to be taking the poppies.

Perhaps that tells us something.... you read the Mail and I read Farmers weekly maybe.

Damn! I do read the Mail. How did you know that?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here